Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Simple DataLayer filtering
Simple DataLayer filtering [message #1700336] Thu, 02 July 2015 01:38 Go to next message
Noah Benham is currently offline Noah BenhamFriend
I'm attempting to setup a simple static filter on a list, with the existing DataLayer implementation as

rowDataLayer = new SpanningDataLayer(getRowDataProvider()); // getRowDataProvider() returns ISpanningDataProvider

Could someone point me in the right direction please? After looking through the examples, I've come up with the following replacement, although I'm getting null pointer exceptions - I'm probably misunderstanding something simple.

//create a new ConfigRegistry which will be needed for GlazedLists handling
ConfigRegistry configRegistry = new ConfigRegistry();

CompositeMatcherEditor<String> autoFilterMatcherEditor = new CompositeMatcherEditor<String>();

DefaultGlazedListsStaticFilterStrategy<String> filterStrategy = new DefaultGlazedListsStaticFilterStrategy<String>(autoFilterMatcherEditor, null, configRegistry);
filterStrategy.addStaticFilter(new Matcher<String>() {

@Override
	public boolean matches(String item) {
		return true; // for testing - match everything for now
	}
});

rowDataLayer = new FilterRowDataLayer<String>(filterStrategy, rowDataLayer, getRowDataProvider(), configRegistry);
Re: Simple DataLayer filtering [message #1700450 is a reply to message #1700336] Thu, 02 July 2015 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
You are passing null for the necessary column accessor. Without that the filter is not able to access the column values of row objects.
Re: Simple DataLayer filtering [message #1700453 is a reply to message #1700450] Thu, 02 July 2015 16:20 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
For simple cases you can also give the AbstractFilterListDataProvider a try.

http://download.eclipse.org/nattable/releases/1.0.0/apidocs/org/eclipse/nebula/widgets/nattable/data/AbstractFilterListDataProvider.html

But note that it doesn't scale well with big data sets.
Previous Topic:Preserve Selection On Sorting
Next Topic:Is searching supported?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:39:45 GMT 2024