Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Access kura embedded DB from console
Access kura embedded DB from console [message #1700320] Wed, 01 July 2015 19:06 Go to next message
Marco Balzarin is currently offline Marco BalzarinFriend
Hi,

I successfully managed to use the DbService in order to store some data inside the Kura embedded database, so, from this point of view i haven't found any problem.

I have only a simple question at this point: it is possible to access to the Kura embedded database from console (ssh, telnet) or the only way to read the data stored in it is through java code?

Thank you in advance,
Marco
Re: Access kura embedded DB from console [message #1700325 is a reply to message #1700320] Wed, 01 July 2015 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello Marco,

I am glad things are going well. I don't know of any tools to connect to HSQLDB from the command line. There is SqlTool [1], which is a stand alone Java jar file, but I have never personally used it.

[1] http://hsqldb.org/doc/2.0/util-guide/sqltool-chapt.html

Thanks,
--Dave
Re: Access kura embedded DB from console [message #1700359 is a reply to message #1700325] Thu, 02 July 2015 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi David, thanks for your answer.

Yes, i had already thought to use some tool such this, but i couldn't go on because i realized that i hadn't any connection parameter to the kura database to use from an external tool, so, i thought that maybe there was already a built-in tool in kura to do this thing.

But, since is not so, do you know where can i found this kind of data?

Thanks again.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 July 2015 07:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Access kura embedded DB from console [message #1701053 is a reply to message #1700359] Wed, 08 July 2015 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

Are you asking how to access the database using Kura? If so, please the DbService, the API can be found here [1].

[1] http://download.eclipse.org/kura/releases/1.2.0/docs/apidocs/org/eclipse/kura/db/DbService.html

Thanks,
--Dave
Re: Access kura embedded DB from console [message #1701070 is a reply to message #1701053] Thu, 09 July 2015 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi David, i solved my issue. Thank you Smile
Re: Access kura embedded DB from console [message #1768328 is a reply to message #1701070] Mon, 17 July 2017 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phoebe Li is currently offline Phoebe LiFriend
Marco Balzarin wrote on Thu, 09 July 2015 08:04
Hi David, i solved my issue. Thank you Smile

Hi, Marco

I have the same question as you, and just wonder how you solved your problem. Thanks!
Re: Access kura embedded DB from console [message #1768452 is a reply to message #1768328] Tue, 18 July 2017 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

Which problem are you trying to resolve, connecting to the embedded DB from the command line or using the embedded DB from Kura? Also an important note, we are moving to a different DB (H2) for our next release. This will make interacting with the DB much easier. The release is due September 27th.

Thanks,
--Dave
Re: Access kura embedded DB from console [message #1768498 is a reply to message #1768452] Wed, 19 July 2017 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phoebe Li is currently offline Phoebe LiFriend
Hello, David

I was able to use the embedded DB from Kura, and now only looking for a way to connect to it from the command line.

Thanks for you update!

Phoebe
Re: Access kura embedded DB from console [message #1768552 is a reply to message #1768498] Wed, 19 July 2017 23:24 Go to previous message
Hello,

Do you want a true command line tool or a database manager type tool? For the former, there is the sqltool.jar referenced above [1]. The easiest solution is the database manager based on Swing [2]. Have you tried either of these approaches?

Note: Before you get too far down this road, you may not get the results you expect. HSQLDB has some unique behavior when trying to view "live" information in the table. This is one of the reasons we are switching to H2. Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, I can expand on some of the limitations.

[1] http://hsqldb.org/doc/util-guide/sqltool-chapt.html
[2] http://hsqldb.org/doc/2.0/util-guide/dbm-chapt.html

Thanks,
--Dave

Previous Topic:GreenHouse problem
Next Topic:Where the MQTT messages has been decoded using the google protobuf?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:31:31 GMT 2024