Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Header File Not Found(Header Files and User Added Include Paths)
Header File Not Found [message #1699769] Fri, 26 June 2015 12:57 Go to next message
Jon Lockhart is currently offline Jon LockhartFriend
I installed the TestU01 Suite for testing some random number generators I am working on, but when I use the #includes in my code, the systems says it can't find them at compile time. I followed the instructions for downloading and installing the library from Dr. Richard Simard's site . Its in the MinGW repository for the Linux environment MSYS. I point Eclipse straight at it for the project and Eclipse says it can't find the file upon compiling. See attached images.

From the attached images you can see that I have gone in and for this project added a custom path to where the include files were installed with MSYS. You can also see that Eclipse did add those paths as a valid path for includes in the project folder. However when I go to build the project Eclipse says there is an error, S4, and the error specifically states that the file can't be found. However, it is listed in the path of the includes so Eclipse should be able to see it.
  • Attachment: S1.PNG
    (Size: 90.37KB, Downloaded 261 times)
  • Attachment: S2.PNG
    (Size: 8.35KB, Downloaded 237 times)
  • Attachment: S3.PNG
    (Size: 7.40KB, Downloaded 191 times)
  • Attachment: S4.PNG
    (Size: 1.83KB, Downloaded 188 times)
Re: Header File Not Found [message #1700566 is a reply to message #1699769] Fri, 03 July 2015 19:07 Go to previous message
Jon Lockhart is currently offline Jon LockhartFriend
So I got Eclipse to find the header files, and I believe I have set up the library additions appropriately. I have even changed \ to / in all the areas that a library or the includes folder was added.

Eclipse in the file now sees the header and even allows me to make variable of the struct type that is in the header. However when I go to use several of the functions from the header I am getting an "undefined reference" error. I have checked, and the function names are correct.

Will not compile with these errors, and I really need to use this tool set/library for a project I am working on. Any help would be appreciated.
Previous Topic:Execution question - new user
Next Topic:Make Codan recognize C++11
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:09:06 GMT 2024