Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » 7009: Test Execution Error with tutorial examples( Referenced Testcase could not be found. - What does it mean?)
7009: Test Execution Error with tutorial examples [message #1699606] Thu, 25 June 2015 10:40 Go to next message
Matteo Massarotto is currently offline Matteo MassarottoFriend
Hi,

I tried to run the tutorial files found on EclipseCon 2014 site (the "classic" dvd app test).
Following first steps, after running AUT when I run test cases I always get this error:
7009: Test Execution Error.
Referenced Testcase could not be found.

What does it mean? Is it a configuration problem?
I am on windows 7 64bit and Jubula 8.1 (the latest version).

The same happens when I try to run other pre-installed example projects.

Thanks for reply
Regards
Matteo
Re: 7009: Test Execution Error with tutorial examples [message #1699644 is a reply to message #1699606] Thu, 25 June 2015 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi Matteo,

I assume this is connected to the unbound modules used in the tutorial files which should have the Version number 8.0. When working with Jubula 8.1 the unbound modules in Version 8.1 are imported automatically into your database.
You can switch the the versions of the reused projects in the project properties.
Regards
Oliver
Re: 7009: Test Execution Error with tutorial examples [message #1699661 is a reply to message #1699644] Thu, 25 June 2015 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Oliver,

clicking on project properties it shows me version 8.0 as currently reused project.
I have no other versions to choose.
I guess I should clear something but I really don't know how to proceed...How could I clear metadata?
Currently, any attempt : test->delete ->test->import-> tutorial.xml still fails when I run tests.

If I close Jubula and I re-open tests (test->open) it shows me errors right on icons and I can not do anything..

Thank you,
Regards
Matteo
Re: 7009: Test Execution Error with tutorial examples [message #1699742 is a reply to message #1699661] Fri, 26 June 2015 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Matteo,

could you add more Information e.g. screenshots, what kind of DB you use etc.?
Oliver
Re: 7009: Test Execution Error with tutorial examples [message #1699765 is a reply to message #1699742] Fri, 26 June 2015 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't use any particular kind of DB, I just import test tutorial project (xml file).

I added these attachments:
1) Starting Jubula test case (working_set_used.png)
2) Database info console (database_info.png)
3) Error screen (error_gotten.png)
4) What happens when I close AUT agent, delete and re-import the project (reopen_after_delete.png).

I hope this helps,

Thanks
Matteo
Re: 7009: Test Execution Error with tutorial examples [message #1699779 is a reply to message #1699765] Fri, 26 June 2015 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks,

the console output says that the unbound_modules_concrete in version 1.0 are required for this Project. Do the unbound_modules_concrete exist in version 1.0 in your DB? Could you add a screenshot of your Test Case Browser?
Oliver
Re: 7009: Test Execution Error with tutorial examples [message #1699784 is a reply to message #1699779] Fri, 26 June 2015 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

yes, first I imported "unbound_modules_concrete" from testLibraries then I imported tutorial xml file, both by test->import operation.
As you can see, it cannot recognize the related project. Sometimes it shows me an hash code as folder name (I guess when it cannot see that pre-imported db).
The problem is that if you set (as image AUT_properties) the correct project the error still remains, 8.0 or 8.1 is not important.
I think part of the problem is related to the fact that it is not clearly visible test related projects, loaded DBs and how to link them to the current test project...

Thanks,
Matteo
Re: 7009: Test Execution Error with tutorial examples [message #1700091 is a reply to message #1699784] Tue, 30 June 2015 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

okay, from a first quick look at your Test Case I can tell that the unbound modules concrete 8.0 library is missing in your database used by Jubula. This library is reused in the JubulaTutorial Project but since is does not exist in the database the JubulaTutorial Project is displayed "broken". But don´t worry, this is very easy to fix Smile

1. Open the Properties for the JubulaTutorial Project
2. Select node "Used Projects"
3. On the left hand side you can see which libraries exist in you DB, on the right hand side you can which projects are reused in the currently opened Project
4. Select the unbound modules concrete 8.1 from the left side and select the unbound modules concrete 8.0 from the right side
5. Then click the single arrow which points to the right side
6. Confirm
7. Fixed Smile

Re: 7009: Test Execution Error with tutorial examples [message #1700099 is a reply to message #1700091] Tue, 30 June 2015 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Oliver,

thank you for your advice! It works!

Only one change to your procedure (it could help other users): I did not have the single arrow that points to the right active.
I had to switch unbound modules by clicking on the two arrows icon.
Switching from 8.0 to 8.1 it works, I still don't understand why during my first changes the same operation did not work.. but now the problem is fixed! Thank you again Smile

Regards
Matteo
Re: 7009: Test Execution Error with tutorial examples [message #1700116 is a reply to message #1700099] Tue, 30 June 2015 08:48 Go to previous message
Hi Matteo,

of course, you´re right, my bad.
Glad that it works now Smile
Regards
Oliver
Previous Topic:Sample Java FX project on Jenkins
Next Topic:Check for difference between two values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:56:01 GMT 2024