Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Entering a component name in column New Name causes ecxeption(IllegalArgumentException after trying to enter a name in column New Name)
Entering a component name in column New Name causes ecxeption [message #1698836] Thu, 18 June 2015 09:37 Go to next message
Jurjen Hofstra is currently offline Jurjen HofstraFriend
Hi peoples,

It's not the first time i encounter this problem.
I select a basic action in the Test Case Editor. Then i select it and try to enter a component name in the column 'New Name'. After entering the first tokens suddenly an error message pops op with this text:
3004: Unexpected error occurred.
org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its general contract!)

Closing the test case, open it again and try again to select the basic action and enter a component name leads again to this error message. I probably will have to restart Jubula.

I am using Jubula_8.1.00294

I will attach a file with the whole error message, a screenshot and a log file.

Hope you can tell me if something can be done to prevent this. It is pretty annoying.

many thanks in advance,

Jurjen
Re: Entering a component name in column New Name causes ecxeption [message #1698892 is a reply to message #1698836] Thu, 18 June 2015 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Jurjen,

Thanks for mentioning this. Would you be so kind as to enter a ticket in the Jubula bugzilla with the information you've mentioned here as well as:
- what platform you are working on
- whether you can say anything about the reproducibility of it

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Entering a component name in column New Name causes ecxeption [message #1700803 is a reply to message #1698892] Tue, 07 July 2015 10:22 Go to previous message
Jurjen Hofstra is currently offline Jurjen HofstraFriend
Hi Alex,

I'm sorry, the error doesn't occur since the days after this post. So i have no idea how to reproduce it.
Maybe it was a matter of refreshing the project.

kind regards,
Jurjen
Previous Topic:how to pass test or stored variables to an external script in Jubula
Next Topic:GEF support in Eclipse 4.x
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Feb 20 23:39:36 GMT 2024