Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » SWT and Geotools (and Linux): all black pixels(Cannot visualize maps in my SwtMapPane)
SWT and Geotools (and Linux): all black pixels [message #1698370] Mon, 15 June 2015 07:13 Go to next message
Piero Campalani is currently offline Piero CampalaniFriend

Dear experts,

I want to visualize rasters and vector geo-stuff on a SwtMapPane, but as soon as I load anything on it, all I get is black pixels.

The clue is: the same code is working on a Windows installation, but not here on my Linux (Ubuntu Trusty 64-bits).

We are using JAI and Image-IO packages here: each dev here is using his platform-specific JAI installation.

Is this a familiar situation to you?
Any suggestion on how to debug a solve this issue?

-Piero
Re: SWT and Geotools (and Linux): all black pixels [message #1698391 is a reply to message #1698370] Mon, 15 June 2015 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Sounds more like a SWT issue related to the GTK of your Linux distribution. I suggest to open a ticket for SWT.
Re: SWT and Geotools (and Linux): all black pixels [message #1698609 is a reply to message #1698391] Tue, 16 June 2015 16:05 Go to previous message
Piero Campalani is currently offline Piero CampalaniFriend

Thank you Dirk.

In the end it might be a portability issue due to different color management in the Windows and X graphic systems.

When creating an ImageData object my Window-dev-buddy put a color depth of 8 bits to make some transparency-trick overlay stuff work: I had to change it to a deeper depth (24 or 32).

I suspect this is related to this Windows/X subtle difference:

Quote:

A limitation of X as compared to Windows is that it will not perform a closest-match if a color cannot be allocated, but will answer black instead

Taken from SWT Color Model.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 June 2015 16:06]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:CSS Spy throws IllegalArgumentException
Next Topic:keybindings and actions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:50:00 GMT 2024