Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » PDE headless build - repoBaseLocation not including while compiling(PDE build failing - repoBaseLocation is not included for compiling the source code)
PDE headless build - repoBaseLocation not including while compiling [message #1698191] Fri, 12 June 2015 02:00 Go to next message
Jack Clouseau is currently offline Jack ClouseauFriend
I have an ant script to build my feature (PDE Headless build). My feature is having dependency on a external repo which is present in my local system (c:/folderx/repoBase).

To compile my feature against this external repo i have provided the values for repoBaseLocation and transformedRepoLocation as below

repoBaseLocation = c:/folderx/repoBase transformedRepoLocation=${buildDirectory}/transformedRepos

When the "pde-build" target executes, the transformed repo's are present in the "${buildDirectory}/transformedRepos" directory, but the compilation fails with the following error - "The method methodX() from the type Classx refers to the missing type ExternalClass".

where - Classx is present in my feature. ExternalClass is the class on which Classx is dependent.

The external repo folder contains the folders - binary, plugins, features and artifacts.jar, content.jar

And my "pde-build" target is as below:

<java classname="org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main" fork="true" failonerror="true">
        <arg value="-application" />
        <arg value="org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner" />
        <arg value="-buildfile" />
        <arg value="${eclipseLocation}/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.build_${pdeBuildPluginVersion}/scripts/build.xml" />
        <arg value="-Dbuilder=${current.dir}" />
        <classpath>
            <pathelement location="${eclipseLocation}/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_${equinoxLauncherPluginVersion}.jar" />
        </classpath>
    </java>

When i build a different feature, which doesn't have dependency on the external repo, the build is successful.

Not sure what i have missed. Can someone help me to resolve this compilation issue?
Re: PDE headless build - repoBaseLocation not including while compiling [message #1702331 is a reply to message #1698191] Tue, 21 July 2015 15:28 Go to previous message
Artemis Papakonstantinou is currently offline Artemis PapakonstantinouFriend
Do you have a target definition file (.target extension)?
I use target definition file and and I can configure there local repos, containing artifacts.jar , content.jar like yours and repos located at update sites, like http://download.eclipse.org/releases/luna.

Previous Topic:How to trigger updateMarker for Ecore Model's XML
Next Topic:Modifying Eclipse environment params.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:45:53 GMT 2024