Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Association annotation
Association annotation [message #1697814] Mon, 08 June 2015 15:08 Go to next message
Christian Damus is currently offline Christian DamusFriend

Hi,

In Mars RC3 I'm seeing that associations I create in the Class Diagram
editor have an annotation:

source: org.eclipse.papyrus
detail: nature -> UML_Nature

What is the purpose of this annotation? What will break if I delete it
from all of my associations?

Thanks,

Christian
Re: Association annotation [message #1697815 is a reply to message #1697814] Mon, 08 June 2015 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

I can only suppose that this is used to distinguish between UML and SysML associations, since SysML Associations have a different semantics and are not stereotyped. I don't expect any side-effect if you delete the Annotation, unless you are mixing UML and SysML in the same model

HTH,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Association annotation [message #1698016 is a reply to message #1697815] Wed, 10 June 2015 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Wiman is currently offline Thomas WimanFriend

I have also observered that Papyrus adds the kind of annotation to associations mentioned by Christian.

Does that mean that if I programmatically want to create associations in a model, using the UML2 API, have to add the same kind of annotation for the models to be "Papyrus compliant" and to avoid any future conflicts?

This also raise the question: are there any other kind of (mandatory) annotations on other elements to be aware of that must be added when creating a model programmatically by using the UML2 API?

/Thomas

Thomas Wiman
MetaModelAgent Product Manager
Re: Association annotation [message #1698025 is a reply to message #1698016] Wed, 10 June 2015 13:03 Go to previous message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Thomas,

No, these annotations are not mandatory. That's a tooling trick to solve a SysML trick, but that shouldn't have any critical impact. And definitely no impact at all for non-sysml models. We'll do better (without any trick) for SysML 1.4

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:Make TreeSelectorDialog select many elements
Next Topic:Hiding multiplicity labels for compositions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:10:56 GMT 2024