Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Developing in Windows for Linux with Virtual machine
Developing in Windows for Linux with Virtual machine [message #1697660] Fri, 05 June 2015 18:51 Go to next message
Sergey Ivanov is currently offline Sergey IvanovFriend
Hello everybody,

I am using C++ framework that can be run only in Linux environment. But my OS is Win7. I installed oracle VM virtualbox with Xubuntu and installed eclipse in VM, but eclipse works very slow in VM (on native OS win7 its much faster). I use 2 core notebook with 16GB ram.

Is it possible to configure eclipse in win7 so that it runs the project on Xubuntu virtual machine while developing C++ code on windows?
I know about cygwin, but don't believe I will be able to compile the library with cygwin.
Thank you.
Re: Developing in Windows for Linux with Virtual machine [message #1698650 is a reply to message #1697660] Wed, 17 June 2015 00:32 Go to previous message
Sergey Ivanov is currently offline Sergey IvanovFriend
So I shared source folder from guest VM with Linux with host Win machine and configured build commands using ssh so that they run on Linux VM. I use makefile to do run and compile on VM.
This works but each time I restart eclipse there are the following issues:
1) the "build command" in "C/C++ Make project" preferences dialog and in all make targets are reset to default.
2) all include files in project preferences are messed up

How to configure debug for this configuration?
Do I need to install debug server on VM or just run debug remotely using ssh and make target on VM?
I use Eclipse Luna "Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers".

[Updated on: Wed, 17 June 2015 00:35]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Binary file filename.so.out not found - does your project have errors in it?
Next Topic:Why are the C++ perspective and new project options not available in Eclipse?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:43:09 GMT 2024