Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Californium (Cf) CoAP Framework » DTLS ECC(use of ECC)
DTLS ECC [message #1697496] Thu, 04 June 2015 12:02 Go to next message
Alfredo Quesada is currently offline Alfredo QuesadaFriend
Hi

I'm using ECC to connect a client and a server (DTLS+ECC). I can establish the connection if both client and server have the private Key (and therefore the public key), but I assume it doesn't make sense.

In order to set the key configuration in the client side it's something simple once you've loaded the keys, let's say from a file (in my case I load it from a PEM file generated with OpenSSL and using the BouncyCastle lib). You just need to set the private key using this:

dtlsConnector.getConfig().setPrivateKey(privateKey, publicKey);

However, It makes sense from the client side to have only the server's public key. This could be solved if you could set this first param as "null", but you're not allowed.

So, what am I missing?

Regards
Re: DTLS ECC [message #1697583 is a reply to message #1697496] Fri, 05 June 2015 07:45 Go to previous message
Alfredo Quesada is currently offline Alfredo QuesadaFriend
Please, delete this topic, it was my mistake. I was doing the tests with the wrong keys and that's why the only way to get it working was by using the same key pair in both client in server. Once I created a compatible (different) set of keys for both endpoints it worked, with both sides having their own keys.

Regards
Previous Topic:Californium CoAP Framework - PUT and POST samples
Next Topic:client observe
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Nov 15 06:49:13 GMT 2018