Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Requirements Modeling Framework  » ReqIF Purpose of SpecHierarchy.EditableAtts
ReqIF Purpose of SpecHierarchy.EditableAtts [message #1696744] Thu, 28 May 2015 10:28 Go to next message
Ratimir Uther is currently offline Ratimir UtherFriend
I'm wondering about the meaning of the editableAtts Association of a SpecHierarchy.
According to the specification reqif 1.1:
"editableAtts : AttributeDefinition [*]
The attributes whose values are editable for the SpecHierarchy by a tool user."

However, where would the values be stored in the reqif file, if those values were actually set?
I didn't find any element in the reqif schema to accommodate for any values related to these editableAtts, or even an example.
Re: ReqIF Purpose of SpecHierarchy.EditableAtts [message #1696809 is a reply to message #1696744] Thu, 28 May 2015 16:32 Go to previous message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hi Ratimir,

> I didn't find any element in the reqif schema to accommodate for any values related to these editableAtts, or even an example.

You find them in the Properties View. On the bottom are two tabs, with "Standard Attributes" being the default. Select "All Attributes" to see it.

> However, where would the values be stored in the reqif file, if those values were actually set?

The Spec has a description of the mapping from model to Persistance. Now that you know where to set it, you can try it out. .-)

> I'm wondering about the meaning of the editableAtts Association of a SpecHierarchy.

ReqIF is intended as a transport format, but we use it as a data model. Of course we could just use the flag to manage the read-only status of attributes, but that would not be very useful in itself. Therefore, this attribute is not used for anything right now, just carried through.

Best,

- Michael
Previous Topic:Renaming a headline
Next Topic:Removing a link (specrelation)?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:34:31 GMT 2024