Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » keybindings and actions
keybindings and actions [message #1696124] Fri, 22 May 2015 08:33 Go to next message
quest ionnere is currently offline quest ionnereFriend
Hi,
in e4 the default way to realize keybindings is to use Commands and Handlers.
Is it also possible for an application using the compatibility layer to use Actions and Keybindings somehow?

Thanks in advance
Re: keybindings and actions [message #1696235 is a reply to message #1696124] Sun, 24 May 2015 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Actions are deprecated for several years. I think they still work using the compatibility layer when configured via plugin.xml. But IMHO nobody should use actions anymore. Neither with Eclipse 3 nor Eclipse 4
Re: keybindings and actions [message #1696417 is a reply to message #1696235] Tue, 26 May 2015 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dirk,

thank you for your answer.
My keybindings are defined in the plugin.xml, yet they are not listed in the liveeditor (using the CL).
I think this is a good occasion to change them to commands and handlers.

Re: keybindings and actions [message #1698709 is a reply to message #1696417] Wed, 17 June 2015 11:41 Go to previous message
Short update on this issue:
The effort needed to convert all my actions to command/handler structure seemed very high (and honestly, I did not see the big advantage), therefore I experimented a little bit more.
In the end I got it to work by manually adding my bindings to the application model. It was crucial to set the type:user Tag on all my bindings, commands and handlers in the model or the CL would delete them on startup. Otherwise I defined my bindings and commands just like I would have done regularly. In my handlers I set the Class URI to the action I wanted to execute. The only thing left to do was to add the @Execute annotation to my actions' run methods.
Previous Topic:SWT and Geotools (and Linux): all black pixels
Next Topic:org.eclipse.core.runtime error on migration to Eclipse luna 4.4.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:32:33 GMT 2024