Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Sharing Publishing BIRT reports(distributing reports to end users with real-time data interactive charts)
Sharing Publishing BIRT reports [message #1695740] Mon, 18 May 2015 19:52 Go to next message
bryan walz is currently offline bryan walzFriend
A few questions:
1) can BIRT reports be shared on a web page based in Windows IIS? I'm not an apache, php, LAMP tech person.
2) does the webviewer insure that real time data is being presented to the user and that the reports can be interactive? Real-time refreshing
3) In order to secure the charts, is a website typically created with login to access a page with BIRT dashboard? Setup a web intranet for NT authorization to view charts?
Re: Sharing Publishing BIRT reports [message #1697669 is a reply to message #1695740] Fri, 05 June 2015 20:40 Go to previous message
Jesse Freeman is currently offline Jesse FreemanFriend
1. I've never personally setup the viewer in IIS but as far as I know I think it should be possible.

2. If you are querying a data base, the data will be pulled a run time so it should be real time based on when the report was run. After it is generated, it will not automatically refresh at a given interval to be continuously updated in real time. However, it is possible to write some code that will handle this.

3. There are various ways to secure the reports. Putting them behind an authentication of some kind that is required before the reports are displayed is fairly common place.
Previous Topic:Long value being changed
Next Topic:Aligning BIRT charts regardless of the legend/series name size
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:06:59 GMT 2024