Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EMF-IncQuery » Transitive Closure for IncQuery Patterns at Runtime
Transitive Closure for IncQuery Patterns at Runtime [message #1695156] Tue, 12 May 2015 11:27 Go to next message
Deepali Kishnani is currently offline Deepali KishnaniFriend
Hi,

I am using IncQuery version 0.9.1 and creating patterns at run time. I have a few queries:

1. I am looking for a way to get transitive closure using IncQuery pattern creation at run time. I basically want to dynamically know what other EAttributes/EReference are being referenced by a given EObject in all the Ecore structures.

2. I also wanted to know if there is some way of getting a path in the EMF model from one EStructuralFeature to another dynamically using IncQuery. To be more specific, I am looking for some functionality which would fetch me a path from one EObject to another by just specifying the source and destination.
For instance, if my Ecore structure is named 'a' and I am looking for a EStructuralFeature 'd' which can be reached using the constraint a.b.c.d
However, there might be times when I don't know the exact path and would need some functionality like a*d which would fetch me 'd' without the full path either recursively or using transitive closure. Is there any way to achieve this using IncQuery?

Thanks
Re: Transitive Closure for IncQuery Patterns at Runtime [message #1695179 is a reply to message #1695156] Tue, 12 May 2015 13:47 Go to previous message
Istvan Rath is currently offline Istvan RathFriend
Hi,

please check if https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1030204/ helps in your case.

Previous Topic:Find and count elements of certain type inside a element
Next Topic:Query Pattern takes up enormous amounts of memory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:52:46 GMT 2024