Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Birt report not showing in IE11 - when in iframe
Birt report not showing in IE11 - when in iframe [message #1693768] Tue, 28 April 2015 09:28 Go to next message
Ilona Kemeling is currently offline Ilona KemelingFriend
Hi,

In IE11 I get an error message (see below) when calling a birt viewer report inside an iframe.

I created the birt report in Eclipse Version: Luna Service Release 1a (4.4.1) with BIRT Framework 4.4.1.

First of all everything works fine in firefox/chrome, the error only occurs in IE11.

It is a leafletjs application running on tomcat7. The error occurs when selecting an area and going to 'click for more info' - this should open a birt-report under the map area (using runtime viewer). The error only occurs when running the leafletjs application in an iframe. Also, calling the birt report using 'open in new tap' works fine in IE11 and after that the report will also open inside the iframe.

I am struggling and really hope somebody understands what is going on.

This is the error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: The viewing session is not available or has expired.

Hide Exception Stack Trace

Stack Trace:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: The viewing session is not available or has expired.
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.createRunAndRenderTask(ReportEngineService.java:1042)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.runAndRenderReport(ReportEngineService.java:911)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.runAndRenderReport(BirtViewerReportService.java:973)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtGetPageAllActionHandler.__execute(BirtGetPageAllActionHandler.java:131)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandler.execute(AbstractBaseActionHandler.java:90)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.__executeAction(AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.java:47)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.executeAction(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:143)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentProcessor.handleGetPageAll(BirtDocumentProcessor.java:183)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.process(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:112)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.endpoint.BirtSoapBindingImpl.getUpdatedObjects(BirtSoapBindingImpl.java:66)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323)
at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:454)
at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doPost(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:265)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:646)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:122)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:170)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:950)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1040)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:607)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:315)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Many thanks!
Re: Birt report not showing in IE11 - when in iframe [message #1693842 is a reply to message #1693768] Tue, 28 April 2015 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Moving this to the BIRT forum.
Re: Birt report not showing in IE11 - when in iframe [message #1694509 is a reply to message #1693842] Tue, 05 May 2015 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jesse Freeman is currently offline Jesse FreemanFriend
This appears to be an IE policy with iframe, cookies and cross-site issue.
Take a look at this bug thread on a similar issue for reference: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=333931

The first thing to check is to make sure cookies are enabled in IE.
Next, you can try disabling protected mode in IE as a test to try and work around the issue.
Re: Birt report not showing in IE11 - when in iframe [message #1694618 is a reply to message #1694509] Wed, 06 May 2015 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thanks, I will have a look at your link.

I ended up moving all components (leafletjs, birtviewer, geoserver) to the same server as drupal (example was on a wordpress site, actual application is on drupal). This seems to have solved the issue.

However, I am still struggling with IE9 compatibility. It's not an eclipse issue, but a function in the leafletjs. Any tips are welcome.

Thanks,
Ilona

[Updated on: Wed, 06 May 2015 17:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Birt report not showing in IE11 - when in iframe [message #1694646 is a reply to message #1694618] Wed, 06 May 2015 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jesse Freeman is currently offline Jesse FreemanFriend
Thanks for the update.
By moving them onto the same server you have eliminated the cross-site issue which was probably the main cause of your problem in IE.

I've not used leafletjs before, looks pretty interesting.
I can try to assist but I may only be able to provide more generic advise versus detailed help.
Re: Birt report not showing in IE11 - when in iframe [message #1694770 is a reply to message #1694646] Thu, 07 May 2015 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My leafletjs applications doesn't work in IE10 or IE9. It's fine in IE11, FF, Chrome, Safari etc. The error must be in the javascript geojson featurelayer function, since removing it (row102-151) fixes the problem. I am quite lost.

Any help much appreciated!

[Updated on: Fri, 08 May 2015 09:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Birt report not showing in IE11 - when in iframe [message #1694783 is a reply to message #1694770] Thu, 07 May 2015 20:45 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

I encountered an issue similar to this in the BIRT Developer Center forums. If I enabled compatibility mode for localhost or your server address/website, it works in IE. I was using IE 11 and you say yours is working in IE 11 already, but you might take a look at that.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Inaccuracies in PDF and HTML reports rendering
Next Topic:How I can show chart legend series dynamically based on Y series value?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:48:16 GMT 2024