Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How can I change the name of *.xml file in the eclipse IDE's project explorer with one of its elemen(How can I change the name of *.xml file in the eclipse IDE's project explorer with one of its element)
How can I change the name of *.xml file in the eclipse IDE's project explorer with one of its elemen [message #1693672] Mon, 27 April 2015 11:41 Go to next message
Dinesh Lodhi is currently offline Dinesh LodhiFriend
I m trying to write an eclipse plugin which is suppose to render xml file some different manner. What actually I want is to replace the name of the file displayed in the project explorer with one of its element without originally change the file name. for example I have a file named 1234.xml with content

<name> dinesh </dinesh>
<college> NITT </college>
So I want to change the name of 1234.xml to dinesh.xml in the project explorer.

Can anybody tell me what are the possible ways I can achieve this. I am new to eclipse plugin development. So please provide me as much information as possible.
Re: How can I change the name of *.xml file in the eclipse IDE's project explorer with one of its el [message #1693700 is a reply to message #1693672] Mon, 27 April 2015 16:39 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

I wouldn't underestimate the difficulty and complications you'll run into to do this.

You'd start with your own plug-in contributing that behavior using the Common Navigator Framework: http://help.eclipse.org/luna/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/cnf.htm

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Startup error
Next Topic:Setting up Egit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:16:35 GMT 2024