Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [Edapt] Create a History programmatically(Is there a way ?)
[Edapt] Create a History programmatically [message #1693504] Fri, 24 April 2015 15:24 Go to next message
Jaafar Bouayad is currently offline Jaafar BouayadFriend
Hi,

Thank you for your answers so far on Edapt !

I am currently working on a project that programmatically edits metamodels. I would like to jointly edit the history so it takes the programmatic metamodel changes into account.

I have thought about creating with code the Operations from the Operation Browser, add them to a newly created Release, and add this release to the history.

The methods I am mentioning don't seem to be public or exist, is there a way to make it work or a completely different approach I can take ?

Cheers,
Jaafar
Re: [Edapt] Create a History programmatically [message #1693841 is a reply to message #1693504] Tue, 28 April 2015 16:44 Go to previous message
Johannes Faltermeier is currently offline Johannes FaltermeierFriend

Hi,

I'm afraid there is no public API for this and I don't see a better solution than looking at the EditingDomainListener and OperationBrowser implementation and extract the required parts for your application.
I don't want to encourage using internal API, because future releases might break your code, but on the other hand I don't expect major changes to the internal classes currently.

Cheers
Johannes

Johannes Faltermeier

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Previous Topic:[Teneo] Persist and load an Ecore model instance with an EReference of type EClass
Next Topic:[Texo] Restricting queries to users
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:44:46 GMT 2024