Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » ToolBar button not always found(get-button "Run file.ext", button could not be found)
icon2.gif  ToolBar button not always found [message #1693211] Wed, 22 April 2015 12:30 Go to next message
Koen Staal is currently offline Koen StaalFriend
get-button "Run file.ext", should find the toolbar button in eclipse but this is not always the case, same goes for the debug button.

I could not yet narrow down the exact situation when this always happens because it seems to depend on the situation eclipse comes from. Even though in my contexts i specified a workspace that also clears and a workbench that also resets the perspective.
Its suspicious that when i hover over the run or debug button it does not always show a tooltip. The buttons are always visible and can always be used.

anyone got a solution, maybe there is another way to get the button except for the text or maybe can i refresh the toolbar?

[Updated on: Wed, 22 April 2015 12:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ToolBar button not always found [message #1693304 is a reply to message #1693211] Thu, 23 April 2015 06:00 Go to previous message
Olga Yurchuk is currently offline Olga YurchukFriend

Hello,

Names of such buttons depends on which file was executed last time.
Regular expressions may solve that problem, try to use the following:
get-button "Run.*"

Please let me know if it helps.

Yours sincerely,
Olga.
Previous Topic:[SOLVED] Issue with let command (NullPointerException)
Next Topic:[TUTO] Test new ecl command example
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:11:06 GMT 2024