Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Arrange All -> how to parameter the arrangement function ?
Arrange All -> how to parameter the arrangement function ? [message #1693183] Wed, 22 April 2015 09:59 Go to next message
Lola Masson is currently offline Lola MassonFriend
Hello,
I have a quite complex diagram to edit, and with all the connectors we just can see nothing. I tried to use the "Arrange All' function and this is what I get (see attachement).
1. Do you have any idea to make this readible ?
2. How to avoid connectors to cross blocks ?
Thank you very much,
Lola
Re: Arrange All -> how to parameter the arrangement function ? [message #1693247 is a reply to message #1693183] Wed, 22 April 2015 16:01 Go to previous message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

Hi Lola,

I am not sure how you could parametrize the "arrange" function. From my experience with many modeling tools, not just Papyrus, I have always found such a function to have limited usefulness. I would hope that someone from the core Papyrus team could chime in as to whether this type of tool extension is possible.

That being said, I do have a few suggestions:

1. Arrange communicating ports so they are more in line with each other. Routing will be easier that way.
  2. Make sure you are using an appropriate routing scheme (rectilinear, oblique, or tree style). If you look at the toolbar, you will see a right pointing arrow with a little triangle to its left, that is the "Line Style Action" that controls the routing style.
  3. Put more distance between your parts. This would provide for more space for bindings.

Once this is done, you can always play with the connectors by dragging the edges between the bind points. From looking at your image, this would be an easy fix for the connector/part overlaps. You can also eliminate all bend points and create your own.

I know, it's very manual, but it's often the best way to get a layout that makes sense.

/Charles Rivet
Previous Topic:customize diagrams appearance
Next Topic:How to share my work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:29:28 GMT 2024