Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Orion (Archived) » JavaScript tooling in the built-editor
JavaScript tooling in the built-editor [message #1692996] Tue, 21 April 2015 07:10 Go to next message
Sebastian Pahnke is currently offline Sebastian PahnkeFriend
Hi,

I would like to use the new tern based JavaScript tooling available in the org.eclipse.orion.client.javascript package with the built-editor. Especially

• Content Assist
  • Validation
  • Ocurrences
  • Quick fixes (optional)

Can someone give me a minimal example on how to accomplish that?

Thanks and regards
Sebastian
Re: JavaScript tooling in the built-editor [message #1693509 is a reply to message #1692996] Fri, 24 April 2015 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Macdonald is currently offline Mark MacdonaldFriend
There is no example of how to get these features into the stand-alone Orion editor package yet.

The JS tooling is implemented in javascriptPlugin.js and makes heavy use of the plugin/service framework that is offered in the full-blown Orion IDE package. It will be tricky to tease out those dependencies to support the editor-only use case.

FWIW, I think that this is an important use case, and several other users have already asked about it, but no one has done the work.
Re: JavaScript tooling in the built-editor [message #1694578 is a reply to message #1692996] Wed, 06 May 2015 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Arthorne is currently offline John ArthorneFriend
Hi Sebastian, as Mark said this is not easy to do today, but we realize this is an important use case. This is something being actively worked on by Orion committers. Please subscribe yourself on this bug to follow progress:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=465923

Maybe you can be an early adopter of any new package we produce and help to provide real world feedback on how it goes?
Re: JavaScript tooling in the built-editor [message #1698813 is a reply to message #1694578] Thu, 18 June 2015 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I just had a look at the new code-edit widget (version 9.0.0S9) and it really looks neat.

Just a few remarks:

• It would be nice to have non-minified versions of the plugin files as well, since I need to tweak the editor for my needs (code completion for my own types, maybe custom quickfixes later, etc.)
  • The links to the online documentation of the built-in types should open in a new tab by default.
  • The syntax highlighting for JSDoc didn't work in the version I tested.

Apart from that: Great work! Cool

Regards
Sebastian

P.S.: How do I set options like theme, autoPair for all kinds of brackets, and custom key bindings? I tried to set them as usual via the options object (e.g. theme: 'prospecto', autoPairParentheses: true, autoPairBraces: true) but it didn't work.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 June 2015 11:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: JavaScript tooling in the built-editor [message #1698868 is a reply to message #1698813] Thu, 18 June 2015 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Murali Kris is currently offline Murali KrisFriend
Hi,
Can the new code-edit widget features be customized by passing the data attributes prefixed with "data-editor-" like data-editor-lang="js" , data-editor-show-annotation-ruler="false" etc.

What all things can be done with the code-edit widget ?

Do help on the same.

Regards,
Murali
Re: JavaScript tooling in the built-editor [message #1702953 is a reply to message #1698868] Mon, 27 July 2015 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
libing wang is currently offline libing wangFriend
Hi Murali:
If you look at https://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/How_Tos/Code_Edit#An_advanced_way_to_call_codeEdit.create, you will see the widget creates an editorViewer instance. You can use editorViewer.setContents(contents, mimeType), where you pass "application/javascript" as your file type. You can further use the editorViewer.editor instance to customize the editor. https://orionhub.org/jsdoc/symbols/orion.editor.Editor.html talks about all the APIs you can use but to answer your question about data-editor-show-annotation-ruler="false", you can use editorViewer.editor.setAnnotationRulerVisible(false).
For your future reference, we are in the process of adding more info on https://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/How_Tos/Code_Edit#Other_options_to_customize_your_editor.28in_progress.2C_to_be_completed_soon.29 .It will come soon so please stay tuned.
Re: JavaScript tooling in the built-editor [message #1703184 is a reply to message #1702953] Wed, 29 July 2015 07:46 Go to previous message
Hi libing,

I appreciate the work done. Will there be a section on how to add code completion for my own types? Right now I could "hack" the corresponding JSON structure into the minified ternWorker; which "works" if I add eslint-env and global comments at the beginning of the editor. But that's not feasible from a production standpoint of view Very Happy

Regards,
Sebastian
Previous Topic:orion.edit.validator example not working
Next Topic:Restore the previous look and feel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:59:17 GMT 2024