Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse won't download. Application not found
Eclipse won't download. Application not found [message #1692146] Mon, 13 April 2015 23:21 Go to next message
Grady Anderson is currently offline Grady AndersonFriend
I'm trying to download eclipse for learning java. I try to download the Eclipse IDE for Java Developers Windows 64 Bit, and every time it goes through downloading, and when I open it it says C:\...\eclipse-java-luna-SR2-win32-x86_64.zip Application not found.
Can anyone help?
Re: Eclipse won't download. Application not found [message #1692156 is a reply to message #1692146] Tue, 14 April 2015 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 04/13/2015 08:42 PM, Grady Anderson wrote:
> I'm trying to download eclipse for learning java. I try to download the
> Eclipse IDE for Java Developers Windows 64 Bit, and every time it goes
> through downloading, and when I open it it says
> C:\...\eclipse-java-luna-SR2-win32-x86_64.zip Application not found.
> Can anyone help?

Read the sticky posts at the top of the forum, please.
Re: Eclipse won't download. Application not found [message #1692276 is a reply to message #1692156] Tue, 14 April 2015 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Describe in more detail what you're doing. For example, are you trying to open the ZIP file that you downloaded?
Re: Eclipse won't download. Application not found [message #1692310 is a reply to message #1692146] Wed, 15 April 2015 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Perhaps you're a candidate for downloading and using the new installer?

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1065514/

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Eclipse won't download. Application not found [message #1692431 is a reply to message #1692310] Wed, 15 April 2015 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your replies.

@Russell Bateman: I did read the stickies at the top, none of them corresponded to my problem. Or, am I doing something wrong by asking this question, or should I ask this somewhere else? I'm sorry if I'm doing something wrong.

@Eric Rizzo: Here is exactly what I have done. I downloaded the JDK for 64-Bit already. I am trying to download eclipse from the Windows 64-Bit found at downloads-Eclipse IDE for Java Developers-Windows 64-Bit. It seems to download fine, and takes about 5 minutes to download. It finishes fine, but when I click on it to open it, it shows the message I put in my original post. Am I downloading the wrong thing, not have something I need to download/open it, downloading/opening it wrong or something else?

@Nitin Dahyabhai: I looked at it, but it seems like it isn't finished yet. I'm also a little nervous about installing it that way, and would do it only if it is the only way to do it.

Re: Eclipse won't download. Application not found [message #1692433 is a reply to message #1692431] Wed, 15 April 2015 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
To be honest, this seems like a system problem rather than an Eclipse problem. Eclipse comes in a ZIP file, but it sounds like you can't even open the ZIP file (which Windows has the built-in ability to do). Can you open any other ZIP files on your system?
Re: Eclipse won't download. Application not found [message #1692455 is a reply to message #1692433] Wed, 15 April 2015 21:18 Go to previous message
You are right! I thought I could open one, but when I created a test zip file, and tried to open it , it said the same message. Sorry for having a problem not with eclipse but on my own system though. Thank you, I'll get that figured out.
Previous Topic:EGit Documentation for the JAWS for Windows Screen Reading Software Version 16
Next Topic:How to change Gerrit Username?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:30:55 GMT 2024