Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Crashed process becomes suspended in windows 8
Crashed process becomes suspended in windows 8 [message #1692075] Mon, 13 April 2015 08:26 Go to next message
Isak Lundin is currently offline Isak LundinFriend
Hi

I'm having issues where, when a C application I've created using eclipse crashes, it becomes suspended instead of terminated. This creates problems where, if I get a crash (for whatever reason) I have to open process explorer (third party program), find the process that crashed and terminate it manually before I can compile again (since otherwise windows will not allow writing to the .exe file, as it is still open, just suspended).

Has anyone encountered this, and maybe found a solution?

Using windows 8.1, with eclipse Version: Luna Service Release 1 (4.4.1)
Build id: 20140925-1800.

If I run the .exe outside of eclipse, the program will of course still crash, but it will also get terminated. Only when I run it as a local application through eclipse IDE does it get suspended instead. This despite the fact that eclipse shows the process as being terminated (in debug perspective).
Re: Crashed process becomes suspended in windows 8 [message #1692124 is a reply to message #1692075] Mon, 13 April 2015 16:45 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
As mentioned in the Announcement at the top of this forum, C/C++ related questions are best asked on the CDT forum.
Previous Topic:New to IDE's and frameworks. Need help setting up with remote system.
Next Topic:Problem with building using maven
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:32:50 GMT 2024