Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Laptop recommendation?(Eclipse on a budget)
icon4.gif  Laptop recommendation? [message #1691808] Thu, 09 April 2015 20:25 Go to next message
Allan Herman is currently offline Allan HermanFriend
Hello Eclipse Users,
I am a high school science teacher and novice programmer trying to set up a JAVA class for my FIRST Robotics kids. I'll be running Eclipse and I need a laptop recommendation. We need a laptop because the competition requires one. I intend to purchase one, probably refurbished, and then add an SSD drive and max out the RAM. Unfortunately being an inner city school we are limited to a $500 maximum per item purchased so I will be purchasing the drive and RAM separately. I was reading about AMD processors but I just don't know enough. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Allan Herman
Re: Laptop recommendation? [message #1691950 is a reply to message #1691808] Fri, 10 April 2015 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
There aren't really any published minimum or recommended hardware requirements for Eclipse as far as I know. But based on 10+ years' experience using Eclipse I can say you're on the right track by getting a fast disk and as much RAM as the machine and your budget can handle. Those two things impact performance as much (if not more) than the processor. On any reasonably recent machine with ample RAM and a fast drive, Eclipse runs fine.
icon7.gif  Re: Laptop recommendation? [message #1691952 is a reply to message #1691950] Fri, 10 April 2015 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan Herman is currently offline Allan HermanFriend
Thanks for the feedback.
Re: Laptop recommendation? [message #1849115 is a reply to message #1691952] Tue, 04 January 2022 16:04 Go to previous message
peterjacob peterjacob is currently offline peterjacob peterjacobFriend
Hello everyone I hope all of you have a great holiday season and an incredible New Year. I need to help you. Please, anyone, suggest the best laptop under 1000 euros. Which is the best use for home and gaming.
Previous Topic:CAP not generated with JCDK plugin
Next Topic:IAR plug-in debugger problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:35:19 GMT 2024