Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Remote synchronization issue
Remote synchronization issue [message #1691027] Wed, 01 April 2015 16:03
Milan Hanus is currently offline Milan HanusFriend
Hi,

I'm using Eclipse Luna on Mac OS X 10.9.5 with Eclipse PTP 8.1.1. When creating a synchronized C++ project, everything works fine until the actual synchronization (uploading) of my local files to the remote location. An error is emitted with the corresponding log entry:

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.git.core 4 0 2015-04-01 10:40:36.780

!MESSAGE org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.core.exceptions.RemoteExecutionException: Remote Git init failed with message: /bin/bash: sh: command not found

!STACK 0

org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.core.exceptions.RemoteExecutionException: Remote Git init failed with message: /bin/bash: sh: command not found

at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitRepo.getRemoteGitVersion(GitRepo.java:462)

at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitRepo.<init>(GitRepo.java:81)

at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitSyncService.getGitRepo(GitSyncService.java:272)

at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitSyncService.doSync(GitSyncService.java:587)

at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitSyncService.synchronize(GitSyncService.java:506)

at org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.core.SyncManager$SynchronizeJob.run(SyncManager.java:80)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Remote host has GIT installed (and validated via the button in the Remote Development section of Preferences) and running 'git init' on the host via ssh from my local terminal also works without any problem. Running a test .sh script on remote host via ssh works fine too.

Thanks for any ideas about what might be wrong,

Milan
Previous Topic:Get to know all enviromental variables
Next Topic:How do you enable Multicore Visualizer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:40:08 GMT 2024