Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » HelpContextId for command in the application model(How to set helpcontextid for command)
HelpContextId for command in the application model [message #1690984] Wed, 01 April 2015 12:29 Go to next message
Loic Faure is currently offline Loic FaureFriend
Hi,

In eclipse 3, when I contribute a command to the ide or to my app, I can set a helpContextID in the declaration of my command.

How I can do this in eclipse 4 ? The model editor doesn't display a field to set this value.

Do I have to set it in handled*Item ?

Thanks !
Re: HelpContextId for command in the application model [message #1691323 is a reply to message #1690984] Mon, 06 April 2015 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
E4 doesn't have any formal help hookup to E4 objects, yet. Contributions are welcome! I'd expect a solution would use a named persisted state item to hold the context key.

Brian.
Re: HelpContextId for command in the application model [message #1691463 is a reply to message #1691323] Tue, 07 April 2015 12:48 Go to previous message
Loic Faure is currently offline Loic FaureFriend
Ok, I'll think about it, that seems a good idea for me too but this implies the named persisted state would never be use for anything else.

In the same category, I have another problem with command, in eclipse 3.x they have state like toggle or radio state that can be persisted.
I cannot find it in eclipse 4 style, so maybe the same solution can applies for this problem too.
Previous Topic:Preference not re-injected if changed in ConfigurationScope
Next Topic:Bind content type to MPart when migrating from 3x to 4x
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:07:32 GMT 2024