|Activity parameter or Activity Partition? [message #1690481]
||Fri, 27 March 2015 14:41
| Philippe de Rochambeau
Registered: February 2013
I am trying to model an activity involving the following actions:
- process p1 generates a CSV file called c1 at a set time of day
- it then copies it to directory d1
- process p2 connects to directory d2 by SFTP every 1/2 hour, 7 days a week, looking for files with extension x1 (e.g., .txt.)
- if it finds a file with that extension, it hands it over to process p3 which processes each line in it, and then generates a report (e.g., a PDF report)
- process p2 then drops the report in directory d2
- as soon as the report is available in directory d2, users can read it
Here's my question:
- should the CSV file (c1) be an Activity Parameter or should I create an Activity Partition within the Activity, for process p1?
- should I use an Accept Event Action to model p2, to show that it is waiting for files with extension x1 to be available?
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01576 seconds