Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dali » The configured runtime is insufficient to provide an implementation for JAXB 2.2
The configured runtime is insufficient to provide an implementation for JAXB 2.2 [message #1690312] Thu, 26 March 2015 14:36 Go to next message
David Goodenough is currently offline David GoodenoughFriend
I have Eclipse Luna with the latest updates, and I am running on Linux (Debian sid) with openjdk-8.

I created a Dynamic Web project, and tried to add the JAX-B facet, but I get an error message saying that "The currently selected JAXB library provider is invalid". SO in the properties I go to JAXB and select Generic JAXB 2.2 expecting to use the JAXB implimentation in the JRE. But when I select the JRE as the source I get the message "The configured runtime is insufficient to provide an implementation for JAXB 2.2". According to the JAX-RI documentation, JAXB 2.2 should be in Java-8.

I have tried Generic 2.1 but I get the same error.

Any ideas how to solve this?
Re: The configured runtime is insufficient to provide an implementation for JAXB 2.2 [message #1690322 is a reply to message #1690312] Thu, 26 March 2015 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil Hauge is currently offline Neil HaugeFriend
There must be a bug in the way Dali is interrogating the Java 8 runtime for JAXB 2.2 compliance. I would file a bug against Dali for this so it can be fixed in the upcoming Mars release, and possibly be put into a Luna maintenance release.

For now, you should be able to workaround the issue by disabling library configuration, which really just turns off this validation. It assumes your library is correct based on your specific configuration, and everything should work fine, assuming it is.

Neil
Re: The configured runtime is insufficient to provide an implementation for JAXB 2.2 [message #1690330 is a reply to message #1690322] Thu, 26 March 2015 16:05 Go to previous message
David Goodenough is currently offline David GoodenoughFriend
Neil Hauge wrote on Thu, 26 March 2015 11:16
There must be a bug in the way Dali is interrogating the Java 8 runtime for JAXB 2.2 compliance. I would file a bug against Dali for this so it can be fixed in the upcoming Mars release, and possibly be put into a Luna maintenance release.

For now, you should be able to workaround the issue by disabling library configuration, which really just turns off this validation. It assumes your library is correct based on your specific configuration, and everything should work fine, assuming it is.

Neil

Looking in the Bug tracker, this looks like https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=437635 but that says it is already there - or am I misreading it?

The problem is that it generates an error saying that "the currently selected JAX-B library provider is invalid", and it will not let me enable the JAX-B Facet.

If this version hasnot been released yet, is there a way to download a development version and load that? If not when is this due to hit the streets?

David
Previous Topic:SAXParseException when compiling through maven
Next Topic:JPA Tools > Generate Entities from Tables, @Column strange format
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:02:38 GMT 2024