Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » plugin Dependencies 2.8
icon4.gif  plugin Dependencies 2.8 [message #1690275] Thu, 26 March 2015 09:48 Go to next message
evert theman is currently offline evert themanFriend
Messages: 5
Registered: March 2015
Junior Member
Hello,

I had a problem when i wanted to build my own plugin using buckminster.
with xtext version 2.7.3 evertything works great. but with 2.8.0 and 2.8.1 the dependencies are not included in the plugin. what means that i have to install xtext on every eclipse that i want to install my DSL plugin on.

for this project i will stay with version 2.7.3 but i thought i would let you know.

regards.
Re: plugin Dependencies 2.8 [message #1690333 is a reply to message #1690275] Thu, 26 March 2015 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo BettiniFriend
Messages: 1775
Registered: July 2009
Location: Firenze, Italy
Senior Member
On 26/03/2015 15:52, evert theman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I had a problem when i wanted to build my own plugin using buckminster.
> with xtext version 2.7.3 evertything works great. but with 2.8.0 and
> 2.8.1 the dependencies are not included in the plugin. what means that i
> have to install xtext on every eclipse that i want to install my DSL
> plugin on.
>
> for this project i will stay with version 2.7.3 but i thought i would
> let you know.
>
> regards.
>

Hi

do you mean that you create a p2 site for your plugins and you can't
install your plugins from that p2 site because Xtext dependencies are
not automatically installed as well? You might add Xtext dependencies
as requirements in your installable features (add them as dependencies
in the feature, don't add them as included features, or they will be
part of your p2 site, which I guess you don't want); IIRC Xtext provides
xtext.redist feature for that.

hope this helps
Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DI, Univ. Torino
HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it
Xtext Book:
http://www.packtpub.com/implementing-domain-specific-languages-with-xtext-and-xtend/book


Re: plugin Dependencies 2.8 [message #1690405 is a reply to message #1690333] Fri, 27 March 2015 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
evert theman is currently offline evert themanFriend
Messages: 5
Registered: March 2015
Junior Member
Hi,

Thanks for your reaction!
That is exactly what I mean. With 2.7.3 I have written the following in my Manifest.mf

Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.xtext;bundle-version="2.7.3";visibility:=reexport,
 org.eclipse.xtext.xbase;resolution:=optional;visibility:=reexport,
 org.eclipse.xtext.generator;bundle-version="2.7.3",
 org.apache.commons.logging;bundle-version="1.0.4";resolution:=optional,
 org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore;resolution:=optional,
 org.eclipse.emf.mwe.utils;resolution:=optional,
 org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch;resolution:=optional,
 org.eclipse.xtext.util;bundle-version="2.7.3",
 org.eclipse.emf.ecore,
 org.eclipse.emf.common,
 org.antlr.runtime,
 org.eclipse.xtext.common.types;bundle-version="2.7.3",
 org.objectweb.asm;bundle-version="[5.0.1,6.0.0)";resolution:=optional
Import-Package: org.apache.log4j,
 org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib


So when I put everything under "Import-package" it should work?

ps.

Your book example hello.buckminster didnt work for me, at least, either.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 March 2015 08:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: plugin Dependencies 2.8 [message #1690422 is a reply to message #1690405] Fri, 27 March 2015 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo BettiniFriend
Messages: 1775
Registered: July 2009
Location: Firenze, Italy
Senior Member
On 27/03/2015 08:57, evert theman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> That is exactly what I mean. With 2.7.3 I have written the following in
> my Manifest.mf
>
> Require-Bundle:
> org.eclipse.xtext;bundle-version="2.7.3";visibility:=reexport,
> org.eclipse.xtext.xbase;resolution:=optional;visibility:=reexport,
> org.eclipse.xtext.generator;bundle-version="2.7.3",
> org.apache.commons.logging;bundle-version="1.0.4";resolution:=optional,
> org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore;resolution:=optional,
> org.eclipse.emf.mwe.utils;resolution:=optional,
> org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch;resolution:=optional,
> org.eclipse.xtext.util;bundle-version="2.7.3",
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore,
> org.eclipse.emf.common,
> org.antlr.runtime,
> org.eclipse.xtext.common.types;bundle-version="2.7.3",
> org.objectweb.asm;bundle-version="[5.0.1,6.0.0)";resolution:=optional
> Import-Package: org.apache.log4j,
> org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib
>
>
> So when I put everything under "Import-package" it should work?

I was talking about installable IU, that is, feature.xml, not
MANIFEST.MF of a plugin.

Moreover, IIRC, Import-Package requirements are not automatically
considered by p2, which considers only Require-Bundle (but again, I'm
not sure of this).

>
> ps.
> Your book example hello.buckminster didnt work for me, at least, either.
>

It does not work as it is with Xtext 2.8.1? Or have you modified
something in it?

cheers
Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DI, Univ. Torino
HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it
Xtext Book:
http://www.packtpub.com/implementing-domain-specific-languages-with-xtext-and-xtend/book


Re: plugin Dependencies 2.8 [message #1690465 is a reply to message #1690422] Fri, 27 March 2015 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
evert theman is currently offline evert themanFriend
Messages: 5
Registered: March 2015
Junior Member
Hello,

thanks for your reply.
there is notthing wrong with the example. but when i install it the Xtext dependencies are not automatically installed.
with xtext 2.7.3 it included the xtext plugins automaticaly but not with 2.8.1.
so I need to add them in feature.xml? where I didnt have to add anything in 2.7.3

regards.




Re: plugin Dependencies 2.8 [message #1690470 is a reply to message #1690465] Fri, 27 March 2015 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo BettiniFriend
Messages: 1775
Registered: July 2009
Location: Firenze, Italy
Senior Member
On 27/03/2015 13:38, evert theman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks for your reply.
> there is notthing wrong with the example. but when i install it the
> Xtext dependencies are not automatically installed.
> with xtext 2.7.3 it included the xtext plugins automaticaly but not with
> 2.8.1.
> so I need to add them in feature.xml? where I didnt have to add anything
> in 2.7.3

I'd try to add dependencies in the feature.xml (again, as dependencies
not as included features); but just to make sure I understand your
problem: you say that dependencies are not automatically installed... do
you get an error about that? Or you noticed that they are not installed?
Or you can't install your plugins?


--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DI, Univ. Torino
HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it
Xtext Book:
http://www.packtpub.com/implementing-domain-specific-languages-with-xtext-and-xtend/book


Re: plugin Dependencies 2.8 [message #1690479 is a reply to message #1690470] Fri, 27 March 2015 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
evert theman is currently offline evert themanFriend
Messages: 5
Registered: March 2015
Junior Member
When i try to install my site.p2 on al "vanilla" eclipse(one without xtext) i get the following error messages:
Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
Software being installed: DSL SDK Feature 1.0.0.201503241315 DSL.sdk.feature.group 1.0.0.201503241315)
Missing requirement: DSL 1.0.0.201503241315 (DSL 1.0.0.201503241315) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.xtext [2.8.0,3.0.0)' but it could not be found
Cannot satisfy dependency:
From: DSL SDK Feature 1.0.0.201503241315 (DSL.sdk.feature.group 1.0.0.201503241315)
To: DSL [1.0.0.201503241315]


[Updated on: Fri, 27 March 2015 14:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: plugin Dependencies 2.8 [message #1690489 is a reply to message #1690479] Fri, 27 March 2015 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Messages: 7096
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi

See my earlier reply. If you are using post Luna code you must use
post-Luna P2 repos.

Regards

Ed Willink



On 27/03/2015 14:30, evert theman wrote:
> When i try to install my site.p2 on al "vanilla" eclipse(one without
> xtext) i get the following error messages:
>
> Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could
> not be found.
> Software being installed: SDL SDK Feature 1.0.0.201503241315
> settingDefinitionLanguage.sdk.feature.group 1.0.0.201503241315)
> Missing requirement: settingDefinitionLanguage 1.0.0.201503241315
> (settingDefinitionLanguage 1.0.0.201503241315) requires 'bundle
> org.eclipse.xtext [2.8.0,3.0.0)' but it could not be found
> Cannot satisfy dependency:
> From: SDL SDK Feature 1.0.0.201503241315
> (settingDefinitionLanguage.sdk.feature.group 1.0.0.201503241315)
> To: settingDefinitionLanguage [1.0.0.201503241315]
>
>
>
Re: plugin Dependencies 2.8 [message #1690501 is a reply to message #1690479] Fri, 27 March 2015 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo BettiniFriend
Messages: 1775
Registered: July 2009
Location: Firenze, Italy
Senior Member
On 27/03/2015 15:30, evert theman wrote:
> When i try to install my site.p2 on al "vanilla" eclipse(one without
> xtext) i get the following error messages:
>
> Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not
> be found.
> Software being installed: SDL SDK Feature 1.0.0.201503241315
> settingDefinitionLanguage.sdk.feature.group 1.0.0.201503241315)
> Missing requirement: settingDefinitionLanguage 1.0.0.201503241315
> (settingDefinitionLanguage 1.0.0.201503241315) requires 'bundle
> org.eclipse.xtext [2.8.0,3.0.0)' but it could not be found
> Cannot satisfy dependency:
> From: SDL SDK Feature 1.0.0.201503241315
> (settingDefinitionLanguage.sdk.feature.group 1.0.0.201503241315)
> To: settingDefinitionLanguage [1.0.0.201503241315]

Ok, I suspected that :)
That has nothing to do with the building, it's just that Xtext 2.8.0 is
not present in the Luna update site; you first need to add the Xtext
update site in your Eclipse (you don't need to install anything
manually, just add the Xtext update site), and then you're able to
install your plugins (make sure that "Contact all update sites" is checked).

Hope this clarifies the question.

cheers
Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DI, Univ. Torino
HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it
Xtext Book:
http://www.packtpub.com/implementing-domain-specific-languages-with-xtext-and-xtend/book


Re: plugin Dependencies 2.8 [message #1690549 is a reply to message #1690501] Sat, 28 March 2015 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrice Brendamour is currently offline Patrice BrendamourFriend
Messages: 24
Registered: March 2015
Junior Member
Alternatively, you can configure your update site to include all necessary dependencies:

	<build>
		<plugins>
			<plugin>
				<groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
				<artifactId>tycho-p2-repository-plugin</artifactId>
				<version>${tycho.version}</version>
				<configuration>
					<includeAllDependencies>true</includeAllDependencies>
				</configuration>
			</plugin>
		</plugins>
	</build>


If you're using tycho to build your DSLs/update site, that is.

[Updated on: Sat, 28 March 2015 15:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: plugin Dependencies 2.8 [message #1690658 is a reply to message #1690275] Mon, 30 March 2015 12:53 Go to previous message
evert theman is currently offline evert themanFriend
Messages: 5
Registered: March 2015
Junior Member
aha Oke! thanks for the clarification!
I'm using buckminster so i will add them manually.
thanks for the info!

regards
Previous Topic:Chaining of code generators
Next Topic:XtextCON - Final Program Online
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Apr 14 09:26:08 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02830 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top