Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Copying Assigned Components from one AUT to Another
Copying Assigned Components from one AUT to Another [message #1690254] Thu, 26 March 2015 06:57 Go to next message
Jon Boley is currently offline Jon BoleyFriend
I have multiple AUT's that will be the same program but running in different states (read-only, write-capable, OS differences, etc.) Since the AUT is essentially the same (and in some cases exactly the same) is there a way to copy the assigned names from one AUT to another (or is there a reason that this is not a good idea that I'm not realizing.)

Sorry if I missed this in the documentation, but I did look Smile

Jon
Re: Copying Assigned Components from one AUT to Another [message #1690258 is a reply to message #1690254] Thu, 26 March 2015 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Jon,

What you'll need to do is to add multiple AUT configurations. These use the same object map but can be started as separate AUTs. It sounds like you've created different AUTs - which would explain the different object maps.
Here is a diagram showing what I mean:
http://testing.bredex.de/faqs/how-can-i-ensure-that-all-versions-of-my-aut-use-the-same-object-map.html

Here's some information on AUT configurations:
http://help.eclipse.org/luna/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node84.html?cp=36_2_6_1

Hope that helps!
Alex
Re: Copying Assigned Components from one AUT to Another [message #1690347 is a reply to message #1690258] Thu, 26 March 2015 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jon Boley is currently offline Jon BoleyFriend
Thanks so much for the quick response. Exactly what I was looking for.

I have certainly looked at the FAQS before, but I forget to go through them again when this came up.

Have a great day.

Jon
Re: Copying Assigned Components from one AUT to Another [message #1690404 is a reply to message #1690347] Fri, 27 March 2015 07:57 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
No problem Smile
Previous Topic:Customizing the Dashboard Summary Page
Next Topic:url complete test using Jubula
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:28:11 GMT 2024