Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Unable to view Report(Unable to view report in browser using BIRT viewer)
Unable to view Report [message #1690122] Wed, 25 March 2015 12:11 Go to next message
kshirod mishra is currently offline kshirod mishraFriend
Hi Technical team,

Thanks a lot for your support.

I am using Eclipse BIRT for my report designing. I am using BIRT Viewer to view my report on browser. When i am clicking on my report to view, it keeps on loadinf/processing....... I have deleted Tomact cache and Temp files and also i have increased "Initial Memory Pool (1024 MB)" and "Maximum Memory Pool (4096 MB)" of my Tomcat. Still i am unable to view my report. Please help me . I have tried a lot. Below mentioned applications and their version i am using in my project.Detail screen shot has been attached below. Please find the same and help me in solving this issue.

Tomcat:7.0
Birt: 4.4.1

Thanks & Regards
kshirod Mishra

• Attachment: Render.jpg
    (Size: 61.29KB, Downloaded 140 times)
Re: Unable to view Report [message #1690206 is a reply to message #1690122] Wed, 25 March 2015 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jesse Freeman is currently offline Jesse FreemanFriend
Does the report run properly on the designer?
How large of a report are you trying to generate?

If you keep waiting does it eventually error out?
If so, what error do you receive?
Re: Unable to view Report [message #1690304 is a reply to message #1690206] Thu, 26 March 2015 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jeese,

Thanks for your reply. I am answering your question one by one.

1. The report is running perfectly on designer .

2. I am not getting any error message while processing the report on my report engine. It keeps on processing ........endless.

3. My report size is 49. 4 Mb in .war format. (report size is :193 KB and rest is BIRT Engine size).

4. My other application which is running on Tomcat in war format. That size is : 34.4 MB

Actual problem is : I have another application is which is running parallely along with my report.

Case 1: I have running only my report.war in Tomcat , it is running fine.

Case 2: If i am running my report.war along with another application, it keeps on processing..... and there is no error is coming.

So looking at the scenario, i have lots of doubt.

1: Is it a memory issue ?

2: Is it a port issue ?

Note: My Tomact Manager is having only one user: i.e : Admin. There is no other user that i have created in my Tomcat' s Server.xml

Detail report has been attached in the trail mail. Its the time for deployment at server end. Please help me how to solve this issue, it will be grateful to you.

Thanks & Regards:
kshirod Mishra

Re: Unable to view Report [message #1690306 is a reply to message #1690304] Thu, 26 March 2015 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jesse,

I have attached the Tomcat logs. Hope this may help you to find out the exact issue.

Thanks & Regards:
kshirod Mishra
Re: Unable to view Report [message #1690339 is a reply to message #1690306] Thu, 26 March 2015 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Based on the tomcat logs you attached, my first thought is going to be that it is memory related.

There is an Out of Memory: PermGen space error being thrown in the tomcat logs. That may be the source of the issue.
I would start by resolving the memory issue.
Re: Unable to view Report [message #1690799 is a reply to message #1690339] Tue, 31 March 2015 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jeese,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried a lot to increase the "Initial Memory Pool" and "Maximum Memory Pool" still, i am unable to view the report in browser. I am not getting any error. After processing for sometimes, when engine unable to load the report , i get one blank page. When i checked the Tomcats log, i got the same error "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space". And according to the logs , whether i have to add the library files for ((javax.activation.DataHandler and javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart)) in my lib folder of BIRT Engine. Please guide me for the same. I have also not got any proper answer after searching in "Google". Please help me. Logs has been attached in the trail mail for your quick references. Please update me on priority.PLease guide me how to manage the memory issues.

Thanks & Regards:
kshirod Mishra
Re: Unable to view Report [message #1690891 is a reply to message #1690799] Tue, 31 March 2015 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you adjusted the PermGen size?

The memory error is indicated the PermGen space is what it is running out of.
Re: Unable to view Report [message #1691096 is a reply to message #1690891] Thu, 02 April 2015 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jesse,

I have tried adjusting the Heap size and perm size but it is not happening. I will describe you how i have done this.
First i have created one bath file which will increase the Heap size as well as persize when my report will try to disply in the browser. I have kept that bath file inside my Tomcat's \BIN folder so that Tomcat can run the batch file.

I have also adjusted the memory size by giving "Initial Pool size" (512 MB)and "Maximum Memory Pool" (1024 MB) but still i am getting the same error. I am using window server 2000 64 bit OS with 8 GB RAM. Please find the batch file attached in the below mail and please help me in deployment.

Thanks * Regards
kshirod Mishra
  • Attachment: setenv.bat
    (Size: 0.09KB, Downloaded 93 times)
Re: Unable to view Report [message #1691097 is a reply to message #1690891] Thu, 02 April 2015 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jesse,

I have tried adjusting the Heap size and perm size but it is not happening. I will describe you how i have done this.
First i have created one bath file which will increase the Heap size as well as persize when my report will try to disply in the browser. I have kept that bath file inside my Tomcat's \BIN folder so that Tomcat can run the batch file.

I have also adjusted the memory size by giving "Initial Pool size" and "Maximum Memory Pool" but still i am gettinmg the same error. I am using window 7 64 bit OS. Please find the batch file attached in the below mail.

Thanks * Regards
kshirod Mishra
  • Attachment: setenv.bat
    (Size: 0.09KB, Downloaded 71 times)
Re: Unable to view Report [message #1691159 is a reply to message #1691097] Thu, 02 April 2015 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is my understanding that setting the MaxPermSize to the same as the Max heap, as you have it configured, is not a good idea and could cause additional issues.

Since you have 8GB of RAM, you should try increasing the maximum heap to a large size than 1GB. Instead, try increasing the maximum heap to a rather large number like 4GB and remove the PermSize but keep the MaxPermSize set.
Re: Unable to view Report [message #1691404 is a reply to message #1691159] Tue, 07 April 2015 04:48 Go to previous message
HI Jeese ,

All are working fine now. Thanks for your extreme support.....

Thanks & Regards:
kshirod
Previous Topic:PDF Render: Export to PDF file exports only first page
Next Topic:Report Rendering- Urgent help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:53:29 GMT 2024