Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse/Luna C/C++ doesn't build project from existing source tree(No project file is created when building a new project from existing source)
Eclipse/Luna C/C++ doesn't build project from existing source tree [message #1689408] Mon, 23 March 2015 14:19 Go to next message
Chuck Crisler is currently offline Chuck CrislerFriend
I have just downloaded and installed Luna and the C/C++ plugin on Lunux Fedora 21. We have a large, existing C++ project. I tried twice to create an Eclipse project from this source using the wizard and neither time was successful, though there wasn't any indication of error either. After finishing the wizard, nothing had changed. There wasn't a project opened and there wasn't a project file in the directory. The unusual characteristic is that the top level directory doesn't have any source code. When I tried to create a project from one of the source code directories it worked well. The problem with that approach is that it leaves out the source and/or include files from other directories. Is there a way to build an Eclipse C/C++ project from existing source that spans multiple directories? Do I need to create projects in each sub-directory? If so, is there some way to join them into a single master project with global visibility?

Thank you in advance,
Chuck
Re: Eclipse/Luna C/C++ doesn't build project from existing source tree [message #1689508 is a reply to message #1689408] Mon, 23 March 2015 19:08 Go to previous message
Chuck Crisler is currently offline Chuck CrislerFriend
A bit more info...

If I select File/New/Makefile project with existing code, I don't get anything created as a project.

If I select File/New/Other/C++ Project and select Empty Project under Makefile Project, then I do get a C++ project created and opened. However, it only has the standard includes and I can't see a way to import (or any other verb) my existing source code into this project.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Error: Permission Denied.
Next Topic:project suddenly compiles excluded file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:22:50 GMT 2024