Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Project Proposals » New Project Proposal Revedere - Code review plug-in(Revedere - Code review plug-in)
New Project Proposal Revedere - Code review plug-in [message #1689112] Sun, 22 March 2015 19:08
Andrei Nuc is currently offline Andrei NucFriend
Hi. My name is Andrei Nuc. I'm currently studying for a master degree in computer networks and distributed systems @ Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania. My research for bachelor degree was focused on code review process and the result was a code review system consisting in an Eclipse plug-in and a distributed back-end. The code can be found on GitHub, when searching for Revedere

I would like to continue the development of that plug-in during GSOC 2015. A rewrite is necessary because the back-end can be simplified and integrated in plug-in. Currently the application support code review request / response, review documents, code annotations and chat. The main development path: Support for DCVS, ad-hoc and centralized management. Novel ideas that can be implemented:
checklists, multiple review participants, suggestions for reviewer and developer, frequent mistakes analytics.

Main pros:
Almost 3 year experience in Java
Communication skills
Experience with Agile development and legacy code.
Team of coworkers willing to give fast feedback

Main cons:
I know only basic concepts of Eclipse API and environment.
No prior experience with open source development

I'm open to community ideas related to this project.
Previous Topic:New Project Proposal: GeoWave
Next Topic:New Project Proposal: tinydtls
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 24 21:07:26 GMT 2018