Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » "Tag this build" missing when using Team-based authentication
"Tag this build" missing when using Team-based authentication [message #1688428] Fri, 20 March 2015 17:27 Go to next message
ETHAN HALLBEYER is currently offline ETHAN HALLBEYERFriend
I am running Hudson 3.2.2 with the Subversion 2.3.11. I have recently moved to "Team based Authorization Strategy" and everything seems to work as intended.

However, user reported that the "Tag this build" option is no longer listed for them when viewing a job build.

After some testing, I determined that only global system administrators have this option. Individual project team members (even if they have team admin privilege) do not have the "Tag this build" option on the sidebar.

I have not yet tested to the level of determining if this is specific to a particular authentication/authorization strategy.

Is this by design, something that can be adjusted by setting? Or should I submit a bug report (I searched and did not find anything pre-existing.)

Re: "Tag this build" missing when using Team-based authentication [message #1688499 is a reply to message #1688428] Fri, 20 March 2015 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
Hmm.. there is an explicit permission called TAG

public static final Permission TAG = new Permission(PERMISSIONS, "Tag", Messages._SCM_TagPermission_Description(), Permission.CREATE);

This need to be added to Team Permission setting, or team member who has admin & job create permission should get this permission by default.

Could you please file a bug on this, we will fix this in 3.3.0

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: "Tag this build" missing when using Team-based authentication [message #1689456 is a reply to message #1688499] Mon, 23 March 2015 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ETHAN HALLBEYER is currently offline ETHAN HALLBEYERFriend
Thanks for the prompt response. I have created a bug 462865 for this issue (the forum is not letting me post the link since my account is too new.)
Re: "Tag this build" missing when using Team-based authentication [message #1689603 is a reply to message #1689456] Mon, 23 March 2015 22:56 Go to previous message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
Ethan thanks. Here is the bug link https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=462865

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Previous Topic:Access SCM on only one node and build elsewhere, is it possible?
Next Topic:Hudson polling git on unrelated jobs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:28:56 GMT 2024