Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Custom CDT project(How to create custom CDT project)
Custom CDT project [message #1688344] Fri, 20 March 2015 14:11
Laszlo Uveges is currently offline Laszlo UvegesFriend
What I would like to achive

To create a project that is a standard managed C/C++ project with a custom wizard. In the new project creation wizard only want to ask for the name of the project.

Things i would like to add above a standard CDT project are:

• add a custom project nature
  • generate files to the project
  • use a custom make file generator that extends the built in GnuMakefileGenerator.

Question is how to do this in a clean way? Without touching CDT internals and possibly without creating a CDT project manually.

What I have tried so far

By using a custom wizard I have to create the cdt project manually using
CCorePlugin.getDefault().createCDTProject(...)
It is indead very simple to do so but that does not make it a managed project and it can not be built - build command is unavailable from menu and toolbar. Following this trail I have tried using the
ManagedBuildManager
but I ended up touching a lot of internal classes like org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.internal.core.Configuration, ManagedProject and ManagedBuildInfo.

I have tried the
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.newWizardPages
extension point but it is not what I want really. I do not need an extra page to the standard project creation wizard but a simplified custom wizard.

On the other hand the
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.buildDefinitions
extension point seems like a lot more I would like to do in the first run. I see that I can define configurations and a custom builder there with custom make file generator but I do not need my own tool chain for now. Although I would not mind going this way for it could be benefitical in the long run.
Previous Topic:Issue with dynamic options
Next Topic:Program "g++" not found in PATH???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:00:21 GMT 2024