Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Scout Jasperreports integration(Scout Jasperreports integration only runs in IDE)
Scout Jasperreports integration [message #1687178] Thu, 19 March 2015 14:41 Go to next message
Uwe Degel is currently offline Uwe DegelFriend
Hi All,
I followed the tutorial at Tutorial/4.0/JasperReports_Integration to integrate Jasperreports in to my application.

Everything work well if I run the application in the IDE.

Then I exported the project as WAR file, imported it on my Glassfish 4.1 server ... and ... got a error 404 (file not found).

I made a lot of analysis now and found out that the *.reports plugin-project result does not get exported in the server part during the export ...

I did specify the dependencies for the plugin-projects *.reports as described in Part II.

Has someone an idea what I made wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers
Uwe

Edit: Fix URL

[Updated on: Fri, 20 March 2015 14:03] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Scout Jasperreports integration [message #1688153 is a reply to message #1687178] Fri, 20 March 2015 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Additional information for clarification ... when running in the IDE the report is properly generated and I get the PDF.
On the server everything worked before (access to DB, etc) t as soon I add an "Plugin-project" I get the error on the server ... I couldn't find the plugins in the WAR files, so I although I specified all dependencies as described in the tutorial ...
So maybe I need somehow to add the plugin manually to the server WAR?
Re: Scout Jasperreports integration [message #1688292 is a reply to message #1688153] Fri, 20 March 2015 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Moving this to the Scout forum.
Re: Scout Jasperreports integration [message #1688691 is a reply to message #1688292] Sat, 21 March 2015 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi All,

I found what I made wrong, why the *reports" plugin was not includes in the WAR-exort and explain to help others to avoid a similar mistake:

I defined the required dependency of the "*reports" plugin directly in the package explorer, instead in the scout explorer in the "*-server.product" dependency tab ... obviously the scout project export only takes properly these dependencies.

Cheers
Uwe
Re: Scout Jasperreports integration [message #1688954 is a reply to message #1688691] Sun, 22 March 2015 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Hi Uwe,

Thanks you a lot for your feedback. I am happy you found your mistake. Thanks for sharing.

Do not hesitate to continue to share your questions here on the Eclipse Scout Forum. If you like you can also tell us who you are (read this blog post to understand why we are doing this).

Re: Scout Jasperreports integration [message #1755989 is a reply to message #1688954] Thu, 09 March 2017 19:45 Go to previous message
marco santos is currently offline marco santosFriend
Hi everyone,
I am a newcomer here and i'm looking for a tutorial of how to integrate jasper reports in scout.
I use the eclipse neon and i don't have the "scout explorer view" only the "project explorer".
the integration tutorial: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/Tutorial/4.0/JasperReports_Integration
show how to do it but using "scout explorer view" so i am a little lost, someone knows how to do it on eclipse neon ?
Previous Topic:[neon] Supplying a desktop when unit testing forms
Next Topic:Default login form after deploy to Tomcat 9
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:32:40 GMT 2024