Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Question regarding CloudClient.release()
Question regarding CloudClient.release() [message #1684712] Wed, 18 March 2015 14:47 Go to next message
Franz Schnyder is currently offline Franz SchnyderFriend
Hi

I think I found an inconsistency in the Kura API doc for the CloudClient and now I'm not sure which statement is true:

The class description for CloudClient states:

Quote:

The CloudClient.release method will unsubscribe all subscriptions incurred by this client and it will unregister this CloudClient instance from the list of CloudCallbackHandlers registered.

but the description of the CloudClient.release method states:

Quote:

Note: CloudClient does not unsubscribes all subscriptions incurred by this client, this responsibility is left to the application developer

So I'm unsure if I need to take care of unsubscribing or if the CloudClient does it when it is released.

Thanks for any insights and regards
Franz
Re: Question regarding CloudClient.release() [message #1685591 is a reply to message #1684712] Wed, 18 March 2015 22:47 Go to previous message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello Franz,

Thank you for pointing that out, we will correct the wording in the next release. Calling the release method from the CloudClient class does not unsubscribe to topics, it simply releases the client from the CloudService. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,
--Dave
Previous Topic:Packaging resources into a "web" bundle
Next Topic:Scandium and Kura
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:00:14 GMT 2024