Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Expression Builder: HTML List + Java data(My Goal is to add datafields to a simple html bullet point list within a grid)
Expression Builder: HTML List + Java data [message #1671294] Fri, 13 March 2015 14:49 Go to next message
Manuel Ruthardt is currently offline Manuel RuthardtFriend
Hello,

I am new to BIRT and my problem is currently in using the expression builder. I was trying to find tutorials or topics with similar issues but could not find any. I hope this question is not too simple.

I made a grid and would like to add a bullet point list in one cell where each bullet point consists of a string that is a combination of Data Set Fields and text. For this I thought the dynamic text and expression builder is the way to go.

This one works:
row["SDG"]

But as soon as I add html I cannot get any value to display from the datasource fields
<ul style="list-style-type:square">
  <li>This + row["SDG"] + does not work</li>
  <li>row["SDG"]</li>
</ul>

what is my mistake and if it does work somehow, can I also use java style if/then evaluations for each point?

Re: Expression Builder: HTML List + Java data [message #1689561 is a reply to message #1671294] Mon, 23 March 2015 21:23 Go to previous message
Jesse Freeman is currently offline Jesse FreemanFriend
Try encapsulating the row["SDG"] in a <value-of>

[Updated on: Mon, 23 March 2015 21:24]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:DataCube Primary DataSet
Next Topic:Deploying BIRT report in Tomcat from ubuntu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:30:59 GMT 2024