Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Pass a value to pie chart and then change itself(Data Set Parameter Binding)
Pass a value to pie chart and then change itself [message #1667785] Thu, 12 March 2015 07:26 Go to next message
Duck Hsu is currently offline Duck HsuFriend
USE : Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 4.4.1.v201408290142 Build <4.4.1.v20140916-1320>
DB : MongoDB
TARGET : In my page, I have a input html tag for user. When a user type it, the page will generate pie chart.

I don't know how to bind parameter for pie chart. I click pie chart and see tab "Binding" as its below, and there is a "Data Set Parameter Binding..." button, but it is empy when I click it. How to use this?

I find some example in network using MS SQL result, but it's some interface not the same to operate.

Or I thinkg wrong way? Any way to to this target action?
Thanks a lot.
Re: Pass a value to pie chart and then change itself [message #1668674 is a reply to message #1667785] Thu, 12 March 2015 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jesse Freeman is currently offline Jesse FreemanFriend
How are you trying to use the parameter with the pie chart? Can you provide more details?
Report Parameters are accessible within the expression builder for the pie charts definitions.
Re: Pass a value to pie chart and then change itself [message #1669801 is a reply to message #1668674] Fri, 13 March 2015 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Due to data source and UI have some business issue, I create a example as below:

I use excel data and code some element to present the html report.
test_html_preview.png : is what I want to do
test_dataset.png : is my data
test_pie_chart_setting.png : bind the data
then it's ok now.

But I want to let user to choice to see which data they are interesting in, so there is a input (here let it simple, the better is select box, just a example) to change the pie chart.

test_pie_binding_properties.png : when I click the chart, I can see the button "Data Set Parameter Binding...", how to use this? What timing I appropriately use this?
test_Data_explorer.png : I can see "Report Parameters" there, I know how to use it for prompt dialog for input or select, but I don't know how to use it for pie chart to receive the input value that user type in.

Thank you
Re: Pass a value to pie chart and then change itself [message #1678366 is a reply to message #1669801] Mon, 16 March 2015 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Jesse:

I have solved this problem, I use you suggest the "Report Parameters".
At the same time, I set pie chat to receive "Report Parameters" in the "Data Preivew"'s "filters...".
Then it work.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Pass a value to pie chart and then change itself [message #1679194 is a reply to message #1678366] Mon, 16 March 2015 14:07 Go to previous message
Jesse Freeman is currently offline Jesse FreemanFriend
Thank you for the update and details.
I am glad to hear you got it working.
Previous Topic:Eclipse BIRT Report
Next Topic:Radar chart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:59:21 GMT 2024