Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to disable highlight current word?
icon10.gif  How to disable highlight current word? [message #1666000] Wed, 11 March 2015 13:50 Go to next message
Malik Kleist is currently offline Malik KleistFriend
Hi,

Can one please help my how to setup the following:
- disable highlight occurrences when NOT selected/marked, but only when text is selected/marked?

E.g. picture below, the cursor is at the end of the text TGF_PATH in ln.51, and then all "TGF_PATH" occurrences are highlighted.
index.php/fa/21132/0/

I only want occurrences of TGF_PATH to be highlighted if TGF_PATH is selected/marked - see picture below:
index.php/fa/21133/0/

Last but not least, how do I change the blue selected/marked color..?

Btw. I'm using PyDev in Eclipse Smile

Thanks in advance..
  • Attachment: pic1.JPG
    (Size: 10.87KB, Downloaded 6223 times)
  • Attachment: pic2.JPG
    (Size: 10.12KB, Downloaded 6157 times)
Re: How to disable highlight current word? [message #1668377 is a reply to message #1666000] Thu, 12 March 2015 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
I don't have or use PyDev so I can't be sure this feature is available there, but for Java (and C/C++) editors in Eclipse there is a preference to control this behavior. Under Window > Preferences > Java > Editor > Mark Occurrences the option is called "Keep marks when the selection changes" and disabling that yields the behavior you're looking for. See if there is a similar option in the PyDev preferences.
Re: How to disable highlight current word? [message #1668610 is a reply to message #1668377] Thu, 12 March 2015 15:20 Go to previous message
Redsandro   is currently offline Redsandro Friend
You can go to preferences and enter "Mark" and all related "Mark Occurances" related options for your specific plugins will show up.
Previous Topic:Juno and ClearCase remote client plugin (CCRC)
Next Topic:Possibility of running Eclipse on VMWare
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:44:22 GMT 2024