Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Suggestion for WSN between node(things) and M2M gateway
Suggestion for WSN between node(things) and M2M gateway [message #1660459] Mon, 09 March 2015 07:21 Go to next message
David Ryoo is currently offline David RyooFriend
Hello

I have been experimenting IoT device and IoT platform.
I could do test and understand concept for IoT platform with Kura and MQTT by examples on the eclipse and Kura. Thanks.

But I would like to more understand between end node(things) and M2M gateway and to test with actual device.

As you see in the attachment, the implementation between Gateway, Server and application on the mobile is tested using MQTT and Kura. But currently I haven't decide how to implement and communicate between node(things, considering arduino device now) and Gateway which don't support IP network (like bluetooth or Zigbee).

It seems there is MQTT-S but I couldn't see it for eclipse(kura) plug-in yet.

Could anybody give me advice and opened library for WSN implementation?

Regards,
  • Attachment: WSN.png
    (Size: 23.86KB, Downloaded 120 times)
Re: Suggestion for WSN between node(things) and M2M gateway [message #1667041 is a reply to message #1660459] Wed, 11 March 2015 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello David,

Is the only communication from your nodes through bluetooth? If so, Kura does not currently have support for bluetooth. It is on our roadmap, but has not been implemented as of yet. You may have to put some aggregator device in between your nodes and the Kura gateway. For example, an Arduino device could collect the bluetooth information and forward the data to Kura via a serial connection.

Thanks,
--Dave
Re: Suggestion for WSN between node(things) and M2M gateway [message #1667253 is a reply to message #1667041] Thu, 12 March 2015 02:01 Go to previous message
David Ryoo is currently offline David RyooFriend
Hello Dave,
My plan is Kura GW on Raspberry collect data from sensors on the Arduino via BT interface and publish them to MQTT broker. The challenge is how Kura service get those data from BT interface due to the lack of BT implementation on the Kura. Currently I don't consider separated aggregation devices and Kura GW on the Raspberry was considered to perform that function initially.

could you let me know any further advice for collecting sensor data?

Regards,
David
Previous Topic:How to build a Kura Deployment Package with Tycho?
Next Topic:How to get System Properties
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:44:26 GMT 2024