Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » What part of updates do I need to install?
What part of updates do I need to install? [message #1653720] Fri, 06 March 2015 10:57 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi folks

I'm never sure what components to install in eclipse plugin repositories... some of the names are not the clearest in the case where I don't already know a lot about a plugin :\

Which components do I need to install to just *use* EGit? (using mylyn too if that matters)

e.g. I assume I don't need the source code packages but I dont really know... maybe I do for some reason? Do I need a "Team Provider"? Or do I just install all components?

I am using Texas Instruments Code Composer Studio v6.0.1 distribution of Eclipse (Eclipse v4.3.1, Kepler) CDT (CDT v8.2.1) .

Thanks
T

[Updated on: Fri, 06 March 2015 10:59] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: What part of updates do I need to install? [message #1654068 is a reply to message #1653720] Fri, 06 March 2015 14:20 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
You need at least
- "Eclipse Git Team Provider" which includes "Java Implementation of Git" (JGit)

if you also want to use EGit Mylyn integration also install
- "Eclipse Git Team Provider - Task focused interface"

if your Eclipse runs on Java 7 or higher also install
- "Java Implementation of Git - optional Java 7 libraries" which brings additional functionality (e.g. symlink support)
only available on Java 7

The other features aren't used by EGit at the moment

You can also just install everything.
Previous Topic:Show Annotations does not work anymore
Next Topic:[SEMISOLVED] Missing tree/blob, Gerrit and EMF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:09:23 GMT 2024