|Re: Job offering: Software Engineer (Java, Eclipse RCP) in domain of access networking [Ghent, Belgi [message #1652447 is a reply to message #1650315]
||Thu, 05 March 2015 22:09
| Tim De Backer
Registered: September 2012
Sadly, the job description is only available in Dutch.|
I don't know whether being a Dutch speaker is really a prerequisite (all documentation and external communication is done in English anyway). The profile mentions it, but making a good impression may be well enough!
Do note that we are looking for someone to come work at our Ghent office.
Quick-and-dirty translation of the job offering (general info available on the site):
You're responsible for designing and implementing software solutions for the telecommunications sector. Windows, Apple, Linux platforms as well as web-based technologies are used. You're (initial) focus will be on developing the user interface of the Java clients that control our network testing solutions and on the test report generation. You'll get in touch with databases such as MySQL and HSQLDB. You'll work with version control (subversion), build systems (Maven), continuous integration (Jenkins) and unit testing systems.
Depending on the task at hand, you'll work with two our more people in a team. You'll be part of the software design process from the very start, you'll work with the project lead on things like planning and report your progress regularly.
During your initial training you'll learn on (and get affinity with) state of the art telecommunications and networking technologies.
* You have a Master's degree in Computer Science Engineering or similar.
* Job experience is a plus.
* You're a problem solver with a critical mindset.
* You have a strong interest in both software development and networking technologies.
* You master at least one programming language, preferably Java.
* Affinity with the Eclipse Rich Client Platform is a plus.
* You are familiar with database technology.
* You speak English and Dutch fluently.
* You can provide technical support to customers
* You're a team player.
* Excentis offers an interesting job in a dynamic and pleasant working environment that will bring you in touch with innovative technologies and will allow you to work in an international context.
* Competitive salary with extra's such as pension plan, (additional) health care insurance, internet, etc..
* Excentis offers internal and external trainings in both the problem domain and software engineering competences and technologies.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01950 seconds