Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » How to Read String,Values from Table(Reading Old Values before editing them)
How to Read String,Values from Table [message #1649418] Wed, 04 March 2015 10:06 Go to next message
Sanan Panahli is currently offline Sanan PanahliFriend
Dear Jubula fellows,

I have to make test to change values in the table, furthemore to compare output after changing it.

However problem now is i would like to first Read old value, then edit it and later read new value.

I used SelectCell and then ReplaceText, but in between i want Jubula to read old values and just save it, not as variabales

Unfortunately with CHECK, i could not do it.

I just started Jubula 2 days ago and very new at it.

Thanks for a Help
Re: How to Read String,Values from Table [message #1649787 is a reply to message #1649418] Wed, 04 March 2015 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Sanan,

Thanks for your question! You can use the actions "check text" at mouse position or on selected cell in the table.
You'll find these actions in the unbound library modules.

Hope that helps!
Alex
Re: How to Read String,Values from Table [message #1649908 is a reply to message #1649787] Wed, 04 March 2015 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sanan Panahli is currently offline Sanan PanahliFriend
Dear Alex,

Thank you very much for the fast reply,

To be honest, i have already tried "check text" at mouse pos and selected cell in the table

But i get error while running the test, it actually checks the first value, on the first row and first column,
but then goes into error

maybe my parameters are wrong, can you check them, please see them down in attachment

and Will it possible to see old values after test is done if i use Check function ??

thanks a lot i really appreciate your help

Sanan

Re: How to Read String,Values from Table [message #1651134 is a reply to message #1649908] Thu, 05 March 2015 06:09 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Sanan,

Can you post the test result report (exportable via the execution perspective) that shows the test run where the error happens?

From what I understand, your test should be structured something like this:
- navigate to cell
- check text on cell
- store value on cell/at mouse position (this stores the value in a variable)
- edit cell
- check text on cell
- store value on cell/at mouse position
- compare string values (this lets you compare the two variables that you stored, or a variable and another string)

Hope that helps!
Alex
Previous Topic:Read a timewatch
Next Topic:JavaFX and swing app
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:46:02 GMT 2024