Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » urgent problem with state of manual activity
urgent problem with state of manual activity [message #1645609] Mon, 02 March 2015 15:50 Go to next message
kayvan jam is currently offline kayvan jamFriend
hi all,
i have an model that starts with some application activity till now everything correct , of course i'm using stardust as embedded mode , therefore when my process instance arrives to manual activity that goes to suspend state at all this is not problem but since i wanna use WorklistQuery.findPrivateWorklist() getting to trouble i must first activate that activity then use that method , i wanna know exist any way in modeling process or any technique say to bpms when arrive to manual activity turn it's state to active?
Re: urgent problem with state of manual activity [message #1646929 is a reply to message #1645609] Tue, 03 March 2015 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i solved this problem through this way after start process when arrives to manual activity login with that user assign to that role and then activate manual after that when get worklist with private worklist that's worked anyway i ready for knowing better solution ,
thanks .
Re: urgent problem with state of manual activity [message #1653911 is a reply to message #1646929] Fri, 06 March 2015 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

It seem like you have assigned that manual activity to a role. hence the activity gets created and is the n suspended in the role worklist, not in the private worklist. It is a good practice to asisgn work to roles instead of individuals whenever possible.
You can change your worklist query to return the role worklist or the items from all worklists that teh user has access to:

ServiceFactory sf = ServiceFactoryLocator.get("motu","motu");
WorkflowService wfs = sf.getWorkflowService();

//WorklistQuery wlq = WorklistQuery.findPrivateWorklist();
WorklistQuery wlq = WorklistQuery.findCompleteWorklist();
Worklist wl = wfs.getWorklist(wlq);

List itemList = wl.getCumulatedItems();
iterator iter = itemList.iterator();
while(iter.hasNext())
{
	Object obj = iter.next();

if (obj instanceof ActivityInstance)
	{
		ActivityInstance ai = (ActivityInstance) obj;
		ai = (ActivityInstance) obj;
		trace.info(ai.getOID());
	}
	else
	{
		trace.info("Item:" + iter.next());
	}
}

Alternatively you could assign the activity to the individual user by
a) using a conditional performer (type user) in the process model or
b) delegating it to the private worklist of the target user after it has been created and suspended in the role worklist.

Best regards

Rob
Re: urgent problem with state of manual activity [message #1655874 is a reply to message #1653911] Sat, 07 March 2015 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi All,
Dear Rob ,
thanks so much . but when i query from that role with WorklistQuery.findCompleteWorklist() nothing for show , why happen this for me?
Re: urgent problem with state of manual activity [message #1656247 is a reply to message #1655874] Sat, 07 March 2015 12:14 Go to previous message
Hi All ,
everything is OK. that's my fault Wink
Previous Topic:How to add user to Runtime Participant role
Next Topic:emergency problem with WorklistQuery.findCompleteWorklist()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:36:40 GMT 2024