Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Element-Based Edges
Element-Based Edges [message #1645207] Mon, 02 March 2015 11:39 Go to next message
Studs Terkel is currently offline Studs TerkelFriend
Messages: 27
Registered: July 2011
Junior Member
Hi,

in my model I have objects, that represents a relation, that I want to display as edge in my diagram. The object that represents the realtion (ActivityInputMapping) have a reference to certain eObjects: source and target.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4062763/elementBasedEdgeDef.png

By using the Source Finder Expression, i can identify the related semantic object: [self.input/]. The problem now: This semantic object has mulitple graphical representaions in the diagram. So, in the diagram, I get an edge (dashed) for all these graphical representations...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4062763/elementBasedEdgeOutcome.png

The two red nodes have the same semantic object, but only one node should really be the source of an edge. Is there a possiblity to limit/filter the graphical representations of a semantic object?
Re: Element-Based Edges [message #1645342 is a reply to message #1645207] Mon, 02 March 2015 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esteban Dugueperoux is currently offline Esteban DugueperouxFriend
Messages: 472
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Studs,

You limit graphical source/target by using the "Source Mapping" and
"Target Mapping" features of your Element Based Edge Mapping.

Best Regards.

Le 02/03/2015 12:39, Studs Terkel a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> in my model I have objects, that represents a relation, that I want to
> display as edge in my diagram. The object that represents the realtion
> (ActivityInputMapping) have a reference to certain eObjects: source and
> target.
>
>
> By using the Source Finder Expression, i can identify the related
> semantic object: [self.input/]. The problem now: This semantic object
> has mulitple graphical representaions in the diagram. So, in the
> diagram, I get an edge (dashed) for all these graphical representations...
>
>
>
> The two red nodes have the same semantic object, but only one node
> should really be the source of an edge. Is there a possiblity to
> limit/filter the graphical representations of a semantic object?



--
Esteban Dugueperoux - Obeo

Need professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Element-Based Edges [message #1645450 is a reply to message #1645342] Mon, 02 March 2015 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Studs Terkel is currently offline Studs TerkelFriend
Messages: 27
Registered: July 2011
Junior Member
Quote:
You limit graphical source/target by using the "Source Mapping" and
"Target Mapping" features of your Element Based Edge Mapping.


The sources are specified with one particular Bordered Node-Mapping using the Domain Class of the objects (WorkProduct). So every instance of a WorkProduct is displayed as red square. Using a single Mapping for every possible instance of a WorkProduct is not feasible in my case..
Re: Element-Based Edges [message #1647671 is a reply to message #1645450] Tue, 03 March 2015 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esteban Dugueperoux is currently offline Esteban DugueperouxFriend
Messages: 472
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Studs,

When you write "The two red nodes have the same semantic object, but
only one node should really be the source of an edge.", then it means
you have 2 NodeMappings to have a single semantic element represented
graphically twice. In consequence to have only one in source you should
specify its NodeMapping in source mapping.
To better understand you could provide a minimal example?

Best Regards.

Le 02/03/2015 15:18, Studs Terkel a écrit :
> Quote:
>> You limit graphical source/target by using the "Source Mapping" and
>> "Target Mapping" features of your Element Based Edge Mapping.
>
>
> The sources are specified with one particular Bordered Node-Mapping
> using the Domain Class of the objects (WorkProduct). So every instance
> of a WorkProduct is displayed as red square. Using a single Mapping for
> every possible instance of a WorkProduct is not feasible in my case..



--
Esteban Dugueperoux - Obeo

Need professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Element-Based Edges [message #1650034 is a reply to message #1647671] Wed, 04 March 2015 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Studs Terkel is currently offline Studs TerkelFriend
Messages: 27
Registered: July 2011
Junior Member
Ok, here is a minimized example. First a simplified class diagram:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4062763/simplifiedClassDiag.png

The example in my first post can be represented by following objects:

wp1: WorkProduct
wp2: WorkProduct
wp3: WorkProduct
wp4: WorkProduct

t1: Task
mandatoryInput=wp1, wp2

t2: Task
mandatoryInput=wp1, wp2, wp3, wp4

aim1: ActivityInputMapping
input=wp1

a1: Activity
name= assess_results
task=t1

a2: Activity
name=manage_iteration
task=t2
inputs=aim1


In my example, the mandatoryInputs of a Task are displayed as Bordered Nodes (Bordered TD Mandatory Input):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4062763/elementBasedEdgeExample.png

Like I said, wp1 has two graphical representaions: one in a1 and one in a2. The Element-Based Edges should only start from the graphical representaion in a2.
Re: Element-Based Edges [message #1651377 is a reply to message #1650034] Thu, 05 March 2015 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esteban Dugueperoux is currently offline Esteban DugueperouxFriend
Messages: 472
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Studs,

If I understand well, you have a diagram with 2 top level nodes
corresponding to Task t1 and t2. These two Tasks have bordered nodes to
represents Task.mandatoryInput:WorkProduct. And from your previous post
you have a Element Based Edge Mapping to ActivityInputMapping as edge
between the bordered nodes, i.e. between WorkProduct.

But where it is not very clear for me in this post is that you say that
WorkProduct is also represented graphically in Activity a1 and a2.
Ok then saying that WorkProducts are represented both in Task as border
node and in Activity in any mapping, and you want ActivityInputMapping
represented as edge between graphical representations of your
WorkProduct but not between all of them. If you want edge displayed only
between WorkProducts graphically represented through Activity, you must
write a Precondition expression checking that.

Best Regards.

Le 04/03/2015 17:33, Studs Terkel a écrit :
> Ok, here is a minimized example. First a simplified class diagram:
>
>
>
> The example in my first post can be represented by following objects:
>
> wp1: WorkProduct
> wp2: WorkProduct
> wp3: WorkProduct
> wp4: WorkProduct
>
> t1: Task
> mandatoryInput=wp1, wp2
>
> t2: Task
> mandatoryInput=wp1, wp2, wp3, wp4
>
> aim1: ActivityInputMapping
> input=wp1
>
> a1: Activity
> name= assess_results
> task=t1
>
> a2: Activity
> name=manage_iteration
> task=t2
> inputs=aim1
>
>
> In my example, the mandatoryInputs of a Task are displayed as Bordered
> Nodes (Bordered TD Mandatory Input):
>
>
>
> Like I said, wp1 has two graphical representaions: one in a1 and one in
> a2. The Element-Based Edges should only start from the graphical
> representaion in a2.



--
Esteban Dugueperoux - Obeo

Need professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Element-Based Edges [message #1652042 is a reply to message #1651377] Thu, 05 March 2015 17:06 Go to previous message
Studs Terkel is currently offline Studs TerkelFriend
Messages: 27
Registered: July 2011
Junior Member
Hey,

Tasks have no mapping in my diagram. Only Activities and WorkProducts are displayed. See:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4062763/BorderedNodeMapping.png

thisEObject is an Activity.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4062763/elementBasedEdgeWp1.png

Wp1 is displayed two times. This is correct so far.

But only the one on the bottom should be selected as a source of the edges, not both.
With the Source Finder Expression [self.input/], I get one eobject: wp1, but the edges start from both of the two red squares. I am searching for a possiblility to limit the sources...
Previous Topic:Custom Bordered Node Styling / Positioning
Next Topic:Add new node on a diagram
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Jan 21 09:29:00 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02338 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top