Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Pushing to a repository with EGit not working when it works with command-line git(Pushing to Google cloud repository not working with EGit when it works with command-line client)
Pushing to a repository with EGit not working when it works with command-line git [message #1630893] Mon, 23 February 2015 13:15 Go to next message
Nick Cripps is currently offline Nick CrippsFriend
I am trying to push to a remote repository with EGit. The remote repository in question is the Google Cloud repository attached to a Google App Engine project. I can run 'git push origin master' to push to it with the command-line git client successfully but, trying to push with EGit asks me to login which the command-line client does not. If I just click 'OK' without entering anything, I see a 'Push Results' window that shows an error saying the URL of the remote repository is not authorized'.

I've attached a screenshot of this window.

Can anyone tell me why that is if it works fine with the command-line client but, not with EGit?
Re: Pushing to a repository with EGit not working when it works with command-line git [message #1630949 is a reply to message #1630893] Mon, 23 February 2015 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Maybe you have configured credentials for this repository in e.g. ~/.netrc ?
I am not sure which authentication types are supported by Google Cloud repositories.
Re: Pushing to a repository with EGit not working when it works with command-line git [message #1630999 is a reply to message #1630949] Mon, 23 February 2015 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Cripps is currently offline Nick CrippsFriend
So, ~/.netrc doesn't exist. I'm not sure how authentication for this works or, how to check to be honest. I just created the repository with the Google cloud tool and now it works with git. Surely EGit should just support whatever method git is using since this must be saved in the .git directory somewhere.
Re: Pushing to a repository with EGit not working when it works with command-line git [message #1634861 is a reply to message #1630999] Wed, 25 February 2015 13:46 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
I don't know which authentication types are supported by Google Cloud repositories
Previous Topic:Subtree - see file history of remotes
Next Topic:Delete Local Branch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:41:29 GMT 2024