Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Missing Include directories(make command and GCC C++ Compiler options does not match)
Missing Include directories [message #1626628] Sat, 21 February 2015 03:46 Go to next message
Raj Patel is currently offline Raj PatelFriend
Hello All,

Thanks in advance for your help. I am using eclipse

Version: Luna Service Release 1a (4.4.1)
Build id: 20150109-0600

CDT 8.5.0 installed using marketplace. Now under project->properties->C/C++ Build->Settings->GCC C++ Compiler the settings are:

Command: g++
All options: -std=c++0x -I/usr/local/cppunit-1.12.1/include -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -fPIC -fPIC
Expert settings:
command line pattern: ${COMMAND} ${FLAGS} ${OUTPUT_FLAG} ${OUTPUT_PREFIX}${OUTPUT} ${INPUTS}

but the make file compiler command is:

g++ -O3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -fPIC -MMD -MP -MF"Test/Testit.d" -MT"Test/Testit.d" -o "Test/Testit.o" "../Test/Testit.cpp"

which is missing the -I/usr/local/cppunit-1.12.1/include. I had added the include directory using the include option under GCC C++ Compiler option. It compiles on command line if I copy the make compile command and add the missing include directory it.

As a side question, the editor is also not recognizing the include file even after rebuilding the index.

Please help.
Thanks
Raj
Re: Missing Include directories [message #1746855 is a reply to message #1626628] Sun, 06 November 2016 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jack Wilborn is currently offline Jack WilbornFriend
I have this same problem and was hoping for an answer.

Eclipse WAS working fine.

Then I added a bunch of small c and c++ programs to a new project that was to create a static library. This was successful, but have found that it seems to have caused the same problem as this thread, I guess.

I can seen in the Properties->C++ Build ->settings -> C++ -> Directories that the directory links are there Looking at AVR C++ Compiler -> 'all options:' show all of the proper switches for the include file. (avg-g-compiler.png)

When I run it, these '-i' entries are missing from the command line for the avr-g++ compiler command line. (build.png, right side of cli rest-build.png)

The attachments show the screen shots. I do have the compilers on verbose.

Thanks for any help...

Jack
Re: Missing Include directories [message #1746856 is a reply to message #1626628] Sun, 06 November 2016 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jack Wilborn is currently offline Jack WilbornFriend
I have this same problem and was hoping for an answer.

Eclipse WAS working fine.

Then I added a bunch of small c and c++ programs to a new project that was to create a static library. This was successful, but have found that it seems to have caused the same problem as this thread, I guess.

I can seen in the Properties->C++ Build ->settings -> C++ -> Directories that the directory links are there Looking at AVR C++ Compiler -> 'all options:' show all of the proper switches for the include file. (avg-g-compiler.png)

When I run it, these '-i' entries are missing from the command line for the avr-g++ compiler command line. (build.png)

The build has stuff on the right, (rest-build.png), no include options are there and I do have the compilers on verbose.

Thanks for any help...

Jack

[Updated on: Sun, 06 November 2016 16:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Missing Include directories [message #1746869 is a reply to message #1746856] Mon, 07 November 2016 04:49 Go to previous message
Mubdiul Hasan is currently offline Mubdiul HasanFriend

Dear All,

I am using STM32 device with Ac6 STM32, that works by Ac6 STM MCU GCC compailer.

I have been spend a lot of time on solving my project properties build problem.
Now, solved some issues regarding including files.
Right now the problem is,

In file included from ..\startup\Src\stm32f0xx_hal_dac_ex.c:56:0:
C:\Users\swend95_하산\Desktop\Design\notun_pj\Drivers\STM32F0xx_HAL_Driver\Inc/stm32f0xx_hal.h:528:29: error: unknown type name '__IO'
void HAL_Delay(__IO uint32_t Delay);

I have included, all HAL driver paths and other paths.

Help me please.

Previous Topic: Launching failed
Next Topic:Remote debug start ERROR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:02:33 GMT 2024