Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Add a page in extension to outline in parent?
Add a page in extension to outline in parent? [message #1624537] Thu, 19 February 2015 21:34 Go to next message
Nejc Gasper is currently offline Nejc GasperFriend
We are using Scout 4.0.100 (luna). It should be possible to add in extension a page to outline that lives inside a parent project. If so could you assist? We would need to know how to and if possible at all soon or our plans will have to radically change. Thanks!
Re: Add a page in extension to outline in parent? [message #1625456 is a reply to message #1624537] Fri, 20 February 2015 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Nick is currently offline Matthias NickFriend
Hi Nejc,

can you please describe more in detail what you are planning to do? What is your use case?

Best,
Matthias

[Updated on: Fri, 20 February 2015 11:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Add a page in extension to outline in parent? [message #1628031 is a reply to message #1625456] Sat, 21 February 2015 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nejc Gasper is currently offline Nejc GasperFriend
Marko has figured it out. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28624841/in-eclipse-scout-luna-how-to-add-a-page-in-extension-to-outline-in-parent

In this example: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/Tutorial/4.0/Modular_Application you add a new outline to the extension project. We wanted to use only one outline in both projects since we are trying to group things nicely by domains. We wanted to add a new page to "extension" project in this example, but still have it show up in "standard" outline.

[Updated on: Sat, 21 February 2015 22:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Add a page in extension to outline in parent? [message #1630492 is a reply to message #1628031] Mon, 23 February 2015 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
There is a related question: Multi Modul - Menu Extension

The answer provided by Marko on StackOverflow might be working. I think there is a nicer way to do it, I need to figure it out and I will post it here.
Re: Add a page in extension to outline in parent? [message #1631211 is a reply to message #1624537] Mon, 23 February 2015 17:00 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Nejc Gasper wrote on Thu, 19 February 2015 22:34
We are using Scout 4.0.100 (luna). It should be possible to add in extension a page to outline that lives inside a parent project. If so could you assist? We would need to know how to and if possible at all soon or our plans will have to radically change. Thanks!

I told you (offline) on wednesday that it was possible and that I just needed to check it out.
(this takes time and in my opinion for support you get for free, asking for "soon or our plans will have to radically change" is out of question... Feel free to ask for Professional Support if you need it).

I have provided a solution using Extension points on StackOverflow. I my opinion this is the way to go. Feel free to continue the discussion here if you need an extended example.
Previous Topic:Width and height of a Scout Dialog
Next Topic:Checking for unsaved changes before logging out
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:08:24 GMT 2024