Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » String problem with text replace
String problem with text replace [message #1622495] Wed, 18 February 2015 14:43 Go to next message
Myriam Melnitchenko is currently offline Myriam MelnitchenkoFriend
Hi,
I am testting a RCP application.
In this application, I need to indicate a path in a Text component. For this, I use the function "replace text" through the ub_cti_replaceText library Test Case (see my screenshot). As text, I indicate 'C:/Users/mmelnitchenko/Documents'. This is transformed into C.:Users:mmelnitchenko:Documents (see screenshot 2) !
Do you have any idea why characters are coded this way?
Thanks!

Myriam.
Re: String problem with text replace [message #1622547 is a reply to message #1622495] Wed, 18 February 2015 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

it sounds like you have the wrong keyboard layout configured inthe AUT configuration. The documentation for it is here:
http://help.eclipse.org/luna/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node90.html

Hope that helps!
Alex
Re: String problem with text replace [message #1622601 is a reply to message #1622547] Wed, 18 February 2015 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I changed the keyboard layout from english to german, and this time I obtained :
C.7Users7mmelnitchenko7Documents
I suppose I should hav the french one... Do I really have to write myself the keyboardmapping_fr_FR.properties? Or does it already exist somewhere? Did any french people do the job?
Best regards,
Myriam.
Re: String problem with text replace [message #1623841 is a reply to message #1622495] Thu, 19 February 2015 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I could achieve running my test correctly by chosing the english keyboard in the windows system properties. But this is not the right solution on the long term as I have to return to french keyboard as soon as the test is ended and I have to use my keyboard...
I found the english and german .properties files in the org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.jar. Thanks to these examples, I could write the french one. The next difficulty will be to update the plugin with the new fragment.
All these steps are not easy for a non-developer person.
Is it planned in a future jubula version to integrate the french keyboard layout in the plugin?
Did you have any returns from french people about their experience of how they do?
Best regards,
Myriam.
Re: String problem with text replace [message #1625131 is a reply to message #1623841] Fri, 20 February 2015 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Myriam,

Thanks for the update. There is no French keyboard contribution at the moment. As far as I remember there might be a problem addressing numbers when using a French keyboard layout.
As a general rule, tests are moved to a virtual machine or dedicated test machine relatively quickly (which I'd recommend) so the issue with switching could resolve itself soon. Which French keyboard are you using? Is it Fr_FR or is it a Belgian / Canadian one?

Thanks,
Alex
Re: String problem with text replace [message #1625319 is a reply to message #1625131] Fri, 20 February 2015 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,
Yes, you are right, numbers are not supported, as well as special characters as °, §, £, µ, @.
I am using a french fr_FR keyboard layout.
To bypass this problem, the solution is to :
- click on the input text component
- copy the string (even with numbers!) into clipboard
- do ctrl + v
It's done!
Best regards,

Myriam.
Re: String problem with text replace [message #1636999 is a reply to message #1625319] Thu, 26 February 2015 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Myriam,

Thanks for your reply! Is the layout of the French Keyboard you have like this one:
http://www.uni-regensburg.de/EDV/Misc/KeyBoards/keys10l.jpg

Or is it different?

Thanks,
Alex
Re: String problem with text replace [message #1637254 is a reply to message #1636999] Thu, 26 February 2015 16:18 Go to previous message
Hi,
Yes, this is the same keyboard.
Regards,
Myriam.
Previous Topic:Not able to move table row
Next Topic:Mark tests as nonrelevant by default
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:31:01 GMT 2024