EclipseLink 2.2.0 release
The EclipseLink 2.2 release focuses on providing advanced persistence features for user of relational, XML and Web Services to expose extended persistence features that naturally extend the industry standards in these spaces. As well as these new features, a great emphasis was placed on bug fixing in this release.
New and Noteworthy
MOXy: XML Binding
DBWS: Database Web Services
- Build a DBWS service by retrieving Custom SQL result-set metadata at design time.... learn more
- DBWS Update operation now supporting Sparse Merges
- Run a DBWS service in an OSGi environment.... learn more
- Run an EclipseLink D/B web service using Java SE 6's container-less Endpoint API.... learn more
In addition to the features highlighted in the New and Noteworthy section this release also includes a substantial number of bug fixes and enhancement requests.
All Fixed Bugs and enhancement requests
- Component: Foundation , JPA , MOXy , SDO , DBWS , Utils , Examples , Documentation
The following are known issues that have been identified as potentially effecting users of EclipseLink 2.2. For a list of all open bugs and enhancement requests please see the queries at EclipseLink/Bugs
- 263944 - Removed an unmapped access element from the transformation element of the eclipselink orm schema. The correct access attribute metadata remains and should be the one that is used. See the bug for more details.
- 331234 - Corrected a JPA specification violation surrounding the xml-mapping-metadata-complete flag. The incorrect behavior however may have been employed by some users meaning they could encounter some issues and need to re-configure their xml metadata. See the bug for more details.
The following bug queries can be used by find known issues with specific feature areas. They return bugs reported against 2.2.
All bugs reported against 2.2
- By Component: JPA MOXy SDO DBWS Foundation
In EclipseLink 2.2 the following features/API have been deprecated. Please upgrade to the suggested alternatives to avoid issues in the future when these deprecated features/AIP might be removed.
|ObjectCopyPolicy||The ObjectCopyPolicy has been replaced with the CopyGroup . The full API from ObjectCopyPolicy is supported by CopyGroup requiring only a minor class name change in user code.|
|ObjectLevelReadQuery.addPartialAttribute||Partial attribute queries have been deprecated and replaced with the use of FetchGroup|
|ReadObjectQuery.selectionKey (Vector)||Replaced with the use of an object for single part keys and a CacheId for composite keys. The replacement API is: ReadObjectQuery#selectionId|
|BasicMap, BasicCollection, CollectionTable||Deprecated in 2.0, these native mappings and supported configuration annotations are now supported by JPA 2.0's ElementCollection mapping and supported configuration annotations and orm.xml.|
The EclipseLink 2.2 release will remain available for download from the primary download page until the next release is shipped. At that point it will be moved to the previous releases page where it remain for a minimum period of 2 years before becoming available for archival.
For more information about future planned EclipseLink releases and patch sets please refer to the releases section of the project summary.